think it would be possible for me to program thisgame in asm. if i could i realize that it would be quite a challenge. but once i get enough knowledge i might attempt it or something quite similar
Do you want to make a single player version with AI or actually attempt to make it multiplayer?
Either way I think that's way out of your league. Focus on getting the basics of ASM down and make some smaller projects before attempting something that big.
yeah i know it is out of my league which is why i said once i get the knowledge. it would probebly take me about a year just to program it and learn everything i would need to know.
Ah, OK. That certainly would be a fair challenge, writing that in ASM. If you wait for DCS6, you might even have a chance of getting the multiplayer thing to work.
i do not know about all that. it would take me forever to learn it all.
KermMartian wrote:
Focus on getting the basics of ASM down and make some smaller projects before attempting something that big.

A mistake I made with both z80 ASM and C. Now I'm so confused and really don't know what I'm doing that I'm going to have a hard time finishing my very first project. Which also happens to be my entry for tifreak's contest.

Actually most of my problems comes from not having much experience programming in general. I need more practice solving programming problems and designing routines in ASM, but when it comes to C, I'm still tripping all over the syntax. This will be a frustrating contest Very Happy
Meh, it happens. I found that out the hard way - I wrote out Doors CS v0.1 beta before I really knew ASM at all. The source code is hilarious.
Lafferjm what everyone is trying to say is to stop thinking about making games and keep on learning Asm. Really learn Asm, or else you'll just be making another text-based game to add to ticalc.org. Either that or just dump your attempt at Asm altogether, get a 68k calc, and learn C.