elfprince13 wrote:
o? I though it should have some context.

and I wrote my review for your file....

I think it should have started here -> http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1200&highlight=#34860

I have yet to actually PLAY your game, but i'll download it to my calc and play it tonight, and write the review tomorrow.
thanks. Although it is a game best played with 2 people so if you have any family members who like strategy games....
elfprince13 wrote:
thanks. Although it is a game best played with 2 people so if you have any family members who like strategy games....

Yup, me and myself Razz
Anyone want to trade ratings and reviews for Scarth and World Domination? Oh btw, are we allowed to do this? Anything in the ticalc.irg TOS against it? Anything ethically against it?
I thought they said something about not having your friends reviewing your files. But, what they don't know can't hurt them. Just don't over-do-it guys! Neutral
KermMartian wrote:
Anyone want to trade ratings and reviews for Scarth and World Domination? Oh btw, are we allowed to do this? Anything in the ticalc.irg TOS against it? Anything ethically against it?

You are trading reviews, not necessarily GOOD reviews. That is why I would say this is OK. We aren't asking for good reviews, or something like that, just a review at all.
That's true. To make sure it's interpreted correctly, let's phrase it that we may review other people's programs, and it's considerate of them to reciperocate on the time taken to try a program and write a relevant review by doing the same in return. As you say, the rating is not guaranteed to be good; in fact, since we know each other, the routines are more likely to be objective.
KermMartian wrote:

Exactly.

Just objectively review (and preferably rate) a file and ask that the author of that file review and rate an equal number of your files.

for now Ill concentrate on a few targets. Ill do Scarth and World Domination if you do BattleField and Frog RPG
Let me get in on this. I think some files worthy of review are my maze, Dodgem Ti 3 and 4, and the sprite program. A shortcut is in my sig.
I will do the maze and Dodgem TI 4 if you do Frog RPG and BattleField.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Exactly.

Just objectively review (and preferably rate) a file and ask that the author of that file review and rate an equal number of your files.

for now Ill concentrate on a few targets. Ill do Scarth and World Domination if you do BattleField and Frog RPG
DEalio.
elfprince13 wrote:
I will do the maze and Dodgem TI 4 if you do Frog RPG and BattleField.

I'll write Frog RPG now and do BattleField tomorrow when I remember to download it.
Download all Scarth, World Domination, Dodgem TI 4, and Maze.

I will write the review tomorrow.
Alrighty, I'll definitely take a look at some of your stuff then.
Hmm... Elf, your review still hasn't shown up on ticalc.org, I thought those showed up without needing to be reviewed...?

Anyway, I downloaded BattleField, just gotta play it now
the review editors have to approve it first.

file ratings do show up automatically, but there is a threshold of review numbers you need to reach first, which is why Im concentrating on the same few files.
Excellent. I'll rerate and review what Kllrnohj and something are doing then.
just wrote the reviews for Dodgem TI. Kerm, you are next

Something, you may want to fix a couple bugs in the maze before I review it.
Also, see if you can find a maze generation algorithm. Anyway, I was testing out the default maze, and noticed that it didn't draw the wall at 2,15.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours