Quote:
just with almost 2900 posts here, I stand out. (I'll try and remember my periods now)

Now if we can only work on capitalizing the first word in a sentence, I think all is well. Very Happy

(Why is http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1189&highlight= locked? Seriously, if you want a forum, stop locking crap, as that defeats the point of a forum. STOP LOCKING UNLESS RULES ARE VIOLATED!!!!)
[unlocked] I had locked it because there seemed to be no more point. Leaving things like that open is how stuff gets so badly offtopic here.
or resureccted when not need (see my search for when I was looking for a web designer)
KermMartian wrote:
[unlocked] I had locked it because there seemed to be no more point. Leaving things like that open is how stuff gets so badly offtopic here.

Umm...yeah.... Once again, thats the point of a forum. Stop locking, let threads go their way, and never guess whether or not someone else has something to say
Meh, why? I'd rather new topics be opened up than old threads get draggd through the realms of offtopicness constantly.
that would be you, but you do somewhat have to conform to your users
KermMartian wrote:
Meh, why? I'd rather new topics be opened up than old threads get draggd through the realms of offtopicness constantly.
This thread for instance, has gone offtopic. Does this really mean that we should lock it and start a new topic about the lockdowns - leaving a SINGLE post in this topic - or should we continue to post in this topic. Although the title of the topic may be slightly misleading, I think it's better we just keep the topic together. That way, people know where certain posts are coming from so we don't have any useless posts where the person asks what are you talking about, and have to refer the user to a previous topic that this was split or created from due to locking.

I'm all for free speech, as long as the topic isn't breaking any forum rules, causing a disturbance, or going so far offtopic that it's pretty much just there to raise everyone's post count, I would prefer to see it left alone. That's the strategy I'm using to mod the ASM forum. Wink
I have one more condition to add to the list, when the topic has no use anymore also, as in a problem solved about it. (there are a number of General Open Topic closed by me because of the hack)
I personally think that problem solved posts should be left unlocked. I think that after a problem is solved, people should refrain from posting in it, but when another person comes along with a similar problem, instead of starting from the beginning with their problem, it would be nice to pick up the topic again. I know you are going to say this never happens, but I know there was an asm topic relating to a DOS fix with 16 bit programs that I would have been able to post in instead of creating a new topic, if it had been unlocked.
rivereye wrote:
I have one more condition to add to the list, when the topic has no use anymore also, as in a problem solved about it. (there are a number of General Open Topic closed by me because of the <font color=red>censored</font>)

Still leave them open. I have had several instances of a topic being locked due to something like that, yet I had thought of something to add. Locking because an admin assumes it has been solved/is finished is NOT a good reason at all.
well, I have no need for a developer for my site, and if you have something to say about it, I have my own forums for a reason.
rivereye wrote:
well, I have no need for a developer for my site, and if you have something to say about it, I have my own forums for a reason.

So just say in that thread that was dug up that you don't need a web developer. Don't lock it.
I did several times I think though, and it kept coming up
I hear both sides of this; may I recommend we move this to the Locking Topics thread?
I don't think so, this topic started out at pointing things out, leave it as is for now

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours