rivereye wrote:
I should try and do the same thing

Seriously, is your period key broken or something? I have never seen you use one; even in a post where you claim to be on the mend with your grammar, you lack a closing period.
no, it is not broken, I just choose to never ues it unless I have more than one sentence here.
rivereye wrote:
no, it is not broken, I just choose to never ues it unless I have more than one sentence here.

Confused I count one sentence...
and probably the only one you will see there. I don't see the need for one at the end of the post
I always try to use proper grammar and punctuation on the forums, including periods. The thing I always get confused about is what the criteria is for using periods in lists. For example, which of these is correct?

1. Create a fully-functional GUI
2. Make it user-accessible as an API

or

1. Create a fully-functional GUI.
2. Make it user-accessible as an API.
It's really arbitrary I think, but since neither is a complete sentence I would think the first one.
That's what I think too, but I always feel like I need to add the period there.
I think everyone will understand you regardless of grammar. Have you heard of the O.C.R.E?
/me googles it.

Organizations Concerned about Rural Education?
OCR Easy?
Office of Civil Rights Executive services?
Online Campaign for Real English. Farily small movement, I was just curious.
ok, so how much does it bother people about my lack of periods?
Meh, grammar is always nice, but I guess it's not the end of the world. You're certainly not the only one on the internet or even this forum that does that.
just with almost 2900 posts here, I stand out. (I'll try and remember my periods now)
Cool, glad to hear it. I think using periods and other proper punctuation definitely makes one sound more intelligent and refined on the internet, helping you to stand out in a positive way.
yeah, we will see how it goes, but give me a little time.
Sure, it takes a bit to learn any new habit. Hopefully some of the other members will take a hint from you.
maybe, we can only hope.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours