Ok, but then why would a 16 bit program screw up a 32bit operating system? Is there no backwards compatablility!?! As shown from my case, I guess not Sad
If you're running it under XP, it's possible spyware has screwed up the 16-bit support, as I believe someone mentioned. Try the command.exe fix elsewhere on the forum.
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:
just try regedit (its is 16 bit), otherwise, dig out an old DOS game

Regedit isn't 16bit on windows XP - not sure about older windows....

TI-GraphLink is prolly crashing your comp due to the 16-bit drivers it installs (drivers that you don't need anyway)

On 2000 it is, if you want the 32 bit version, you need regedt32.

Also, 16bit programs run inside of another program, where as 32 bit doesn't, at least in 2K and XP, if that get corrupted, which it is known to do, then you have your problem
KermMartian wrote:
If you're running it under XP, it's possible spyware has screwed up the 16-bit support, as I believe someone mentioned. Try the command.exe fix elsewhere on the forum.
This really isn't that important to me, as I have mentioned. I still have TIconnect working and this will just be another reason to use sourcecoder. Smile
Yay! Once I make some headway with DCS, I really should get SC2 all finished up.
Chipmaster wrote:
Ok, but then why would a 16 bit program screw up a 32bit operating system? Is there no backwards compatablility!?! As shown from my case, I guess not Sad

16bit programs run in a pseudo-emulated environment.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours