I am converting a vtech phone into a phone that I can use through Skype. I will post up my progress and questions here, please help me in this, because I know I cannot accomplish this myself Laughing .

My first and almost only questions, is were to connect the wires, which I have no clue were to connect it to.

I just pretty much need to find some schematics for a vtech phone, I do not have the type of vtech phone it is, but its an old type. Please help me find out relativly were to put it, and what the connections are near. I am going to try and figure it out, but it would be nice to have some help right next to me. I will post up the finshed version once I finish it.
Some questions:

1. Is it a regular phone, wireless phone, etc.
2. Does it have a way to directly connect to it's speaker/microphone?
3. Model #?

Has anyone seen the WiFi Skype cellphones? I'm waiting until they work on 3G...
Why would you want to hold a phone to the side of your head on Skype?
Lack of microphone? Prefers handheld? Abundance of time? Razz
or the sensation that you are actually talking on a phone?
No, that can't possibly be it Razz
yeah, true, why would you want to hold a phone shaped object when talking to people far away from you
Laughing And why would you possibly want to be sarcastic?
See if you can take a pic of the phone's innards and post it up.
But seriously, why hold the phone for a prolonged discussion when you could just have a headset?
Hmm, that is a good point. Ah well.
Or better yet, imbed the microphone into the walls of your room so that you can just talk whenever needed ph43r
...or get a bluetooth headset and a computer with a Class I bluetooth adapter (100 m) like me. Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Or better yet, imbed the microphone into the walls of your room so that you can just talk whenever needed ph43r
I like that idea. Then you can be like Richard Nixon and just record EVERYTHING.
Laughing

Quote:
...or get a bluetooth headset and a computer with a Class I bluetooth adapter (100 m) like me. Very Happy

I actually saw an ad for a Bluetooth cable Laughing I wonder if they sell a WiFi cable...Razz
I like my satellite cable the best, actually.
Shock
jpez wrote:
Shock
[it's a joke]. So where is the picture of the inside of this phone? I need to tell you where to solder wires onto the mainboard. You'll need 3 or 4-strand wire, solder, a soldering iron, and two 3.5" mono jacks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours