(Thumbnail)
BB_Lean

It takes very little memory and is highly customizable through plugins.
The file browser and volume drawer hide off screen when not moused over.

BBLean works as a replacement shell with very few problems (at least for me). I only had to exclude the recycle bin's confirmation box and paint from skinning. Paint's text bar was messed up and the confirmation box crashed my computer.

If anyone else is planning on using this, I can give you the config files so that you don't have to do that yourself. (Or if you want it to look like mine, otherwise it's a bit different.) The browser is rolled up (just like in linux).

And, those two squares in the top corners do have a function. Left one hides top bar, right one cascades windows.

There are transparency affects but only if you have higher than win98. (So I can't see them. Sad )

Any comments?
hah, I saw this on when doing some looking around for skinning stuff. I haven't replaced my shell, but I did replace shell32.dll with a new one using Flyakite. now I have OS X themed EVERYTHING
Coolness. I'm going to try out bblean with shellon 2.0 and my tablet and see what happens.
or you could just run it natively in linux Rolling Eyes
heh....he fell in love with flyakite.
Kllrnohj wrote:

(I know that you're referring to Kerm)

If I ever do manage to get a version of linux that I can get to work with my hardware (find drivers for, since i'd like to have sound and internet) I am planning to use blackbox.

<offtopic>
I just remembered that I have to eventually review Wolvix, I agreed to review it for a free set of Cds and its been at least 2-3 months since I got them. Neutral </offtopic>
Bombu wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

(I know that you're referring to Kerm)

If I ever do manage to get a version of linux that I can get to work with my hardware (find drivers for, since I'd like to have sound and internet) I am planning to use blackbox.

(I was refering to the original post, therefore, you)

Sound and internet are easy. Alsa for the sound, and if your internet is ethernet, drivers are built in. Wireless has some native drivers, the rest ndiswrapper takes care of.
What about tablet PC support?

awesome Kerm!

now, any care to port that to calc? Razz
Very Happy Sure, I'll just make it a DCS GUI. Very Happy
hehe... awesome

heck, maybe i could design an AlexForum skin to resemble it Razz
If you want some idea:
http://osx.portraitofakite.com/
Click Enter Site.
THAT is some amazing web programming...I've never seen a site as immersive as that. Good Idea
Indeed, I was flabergasted.
did anyone else see the flash version of mac OS 7? (it was a complete recreation, including games and netscape browser)
Now _that_ is impressive.
http://myoldmac.net/webse-e-flash.htm
has anyone heard of potato emulator? Evil or Very Mad
elfprince13 wrote:
has anyone heard of potato emulator? Evil or Very Mad
Nope, care to elaborate?
Google it. embeds an Nintendo emulator in a webpage.
http://potato.emu-france.com/sys/index.php?op=edito
Brilliant! Nice job to them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours