Arg! While attempting to install >>this on my 89t, I encountered a crash. It says "Illegal Instruction" in a black bar at the top of my screen. None of the keys are functional except for 2nd and the diamond, whose icons appear where they should on the screen. I removed all the batteries including the backup, yet when I put them back in, the screen remains the same. Help me, please! Crying
how long did you leave the batts out?? I have had to leave mine out for up to 20 minutes before the calc drained of enough power for it to stop the file...
there isn't a force-reset combo like on the 83/84's?
Quite a while, though maybe not 20 minutes. I will leave them out overnight and see what happens.
I don't have an 89, but I have heard that holding 2nd, right, left, and on in a crash will reset it. Idea
Chipmaster has stated the correct reset keycombo for 68ks.
You may need HWPatch3. It was released in 2003 before Titaniums were known about, so try that if you still want the program (you don't need shells on 68k calcs).
Leaving the batteries out for 12 hours didn't work. Neither did madly pressing the keys for 10 minutes. I don't know what to do. Crying
Have you tried 2nd+left+right+on? That is the override code to reset the RAM (which should rid it of the error).
As Chipmaster and Kirb said... Very Happy
K, I will try that when I get back from Florida...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours