Is it possible to get an adaptor that allows you to plug usb accessories into a 1394/firewire/i.link port? I've searched around on tigerdirect, newegg, and even some random sites off of google, but haven't come up with anything.
They run on different protocols, so no, I dont believe it's possible. (see, firewire is actually a form of network... hence it shows up in your network connections section)...

Of course, you could just buy additional firewire ports for your computer... i'd sell you mine if it wasnt built into my laptops mobo Razz
Oh, alright. My comp sci teacher wanted to know if it was possible so she asked me. Very Happy

I don't know, being asked for computer help by a programming teacher just gives me a warm feeling inside... Smile
foamy3 wrote:
Oh, alright. My comp sci teacher wanted to know if it was possible so she asked me. Very Happy

I don't know, being asked for computer help by a programming teacher just gives me a warm feeling inside... Smile
Heh, indeed. Nope, there's no such thing.
Quote:
I don't know, being asked for computer help by a programming teacher just gives me a warm feeling inside...

My Computer Engineering teacher asked me to hack into the lab computers because she forgot the admin password Laughing So I had to go in and give everyone admin priviledges so we could do the lab Smile Very Happy Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
I don't know, being asked for computer help by a programming teacher just gives me a warm feeling inside...

My Computer Engineering teacher asked me to <font color=red>censored</font> into the lab computers because she forgot the admin password Laughing So I had to go in and give everyone admin priviledges so we could do the lab Smile Very Happy Laughing

thats easy, you can reset the admin password using a boot disk - i have to do it all the time for the City of St. Louis when I worked there (City Hall)
Haha, excellent @ Ult Dev. Kllrnohj: I think I've heard of that before.
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, excellent @ Ult Dev. Kllrnohj: I think I've heard of that before.

Not a particularly hard task. Passwords do get saved in a file.... just replace the hash for admin with the hash for the new password that you want - windows can't stop it since it ain't running Wink (i used a linux boot floppy)
Heh, nice. A friend broke his laptop and needed some files, so I popped out the HD and put it in an external case, then plugged that into a winxp machine. Lo and behold, password protected. Then I tried inserting my Knoppix live CD, and what do you know, there are the files. Very Happy
yeah, linux is great like that... except I still can't get my Ubuntu install to read certain drives... (namely my WinXP system disk)
alex10819 wrote:
yeah, linux is great like that... except I still can't get my Ubuntu install to read certain drives... (namely my WinXP system disk)

post your "/etc/fstab" file here (or in a new thread, whatever)
don't feel like rebooting right now... but i will in a little bit..
is it NTFS? and what is Ubuntu's reading of NTFS ability?
rivereye wrote:
is it NTFS? and what is Ubuntu's reading of NTFS ability?

ALL NEW-ISH LINUX KERNELS CAN READ NTFS JUST FINE!!!! (i think i've said that here like 500 times - jeez...)
sorry.

/me needs to update the FC4 kernel (or get FC5) or some other version of Linux.
rivereye wrote:
sorry.

/me needs to update the FC4 kernel (or get FC5) or some other version of Linux.

it prolly can already - what happens if you try to mount it using the -t ntfs option?
don't know, haven't tried. It is vanillia FC4 that would be reading that anyways, other than NDIS wrapper, but no WPA support the way the guy compiled it for me
rivereye wrote:
don't know, haven't tried. It is vanillia FC4 that would be reading that anyways, other than NDIS wrapper, but no WPA support the way the guy compiled it for me

Try it and find out Rolling Eyes
I don't want to reboot at the moment

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours