I have a little problem and I was wondering if someone can help. I want to download the AOE3 demo, but I only have dial-up and the darned thing always says two days estimated download time. I was wondering if anyone with high speed internet can download the installer, put it in a zip file, and email it to me. It can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Downloading from email takes the same amount of time as downloading from an http server. And I doubt any email service allows attachments that large.
Sad They couldn't put the darned thing in a zip file anyways. Oh well.
how will that change anything? its already compressed, zipping it will probably INCREASE the size because it can't compress any more, and will still have to throw on the ZIP's info

Oh, and a zip compression is pretty poor, its far from great - the compression they used is much better, i garauntee it
Does your school have a reasonably fast connection? You could d/l it to a flash drive...
It does. I believe it may be fast enough that I can download it in one class period. Now all I need is a flash drive. One of these days I'll convince my parents to go to Radio Shack.
Radio Shack used to be a superb resource, but now they're really overpriced on most stuff. I'd recommend CircuitCity or Best Buy or CompUSA more at this point.
What about Office Max? The only places I have near me are Radio Shack and Office Max.
Office max is good (I think that is where I got my drive from, or Office Depot or Staples), give it a shot
Yeah, that's a plan. I don't go there much 'cause there's none near me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours