Hi, I was trying to download chess unto my casio fx-cg10, yet the only one available has no chess ai, meaning I have to use my calculator to play with others. The only one that has an ai is the 8xp file one, and that one is only for TI calculators. Is it possible to transfer it over? Thanks.
Unfortunately, it's not, especially not without doing some programming of your own. If the program happens to be written in C, and you can find the C source code for it, you may be able to port the program over to the Casio Prizm, meaning take the C source code and adapt it to the memory, system calls, screen, and keyboard of the Prizm. If it's in assembly or TI-BASIC, the process would be significantly more difficult, and you would essentially need to rewrite the algorithms implemented in the chess program on the Prizm.
I'm not too familiar with the Prizm ecosystem, but there's a Game Boy Color emulator available for it. You might be able to emulate a GBC chess game with an AI, like Chessmaster.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours