Who thinks this is a good idea (Show your support)
Yes
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

I would like to re-open the discussion of porting Nintendo 64 on the Ti-nspire CX. I have seen that people tried in the past and was wondering if anyone would take up the challenge. I cannot code in C or anything like that so hopefully someone else could make it. I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY N64 on my nspire so someone PLEASE take up this project. I was also wondering if someone could port

mario kart wii to the Ti-nspire cx too. Comment if someone could do these. Very Happy
Why play the N64 when you can have a TI-84 Plus CE Python emulator for the TI-Nspire CX?
What do you mean like an emulator for the system or just for a single game, because there might be games that would work well specifically, but I would have to look into it.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Why play the N64 when you can have a TI-84 Plus CE Python emulator for the TI-Nspire CX?
? what will that do?
I don't think that the n64 would run on the nspire, and certainly not the wii. Someone has created super mario64 for the nspire, but at 3fps
Calculatordream wrote:
I don't think that the n64 would run on the nspire, and certainly not the wii. Someone has created super mario64 for the nspire, but at 3fps

I looked it up, and it's really impressive. Unplayable, but genuinely amazing.

Even SNES emulators struggle on the Nspire, so I don't see an N64 one happening any time soon.
I think if you found a game on the 64 that also was on a console with a similar processer to the ARM9-26EJ-S 396 MHz of the TI-nspire CX 2 that would work. Just spit ballin.
I don't know if playable N64 emulation is feasible on the CX II models but 3D is definitively possible, even with textures, as demonstrated by Crafti: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=61807

Ironically, the above Minecraft clone was actually ported to the Nintendo 64 (and Xbox and Dreamcast).
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I don't know if playable N64 emulation is feasible on the CX II models but 3D is definitively possible, even with textures, as demonstrated by Crafti: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=61807

Ironically, the above Minecraft clone was actually ported to the Nintendo 64 (and Xbox and Dreamcast).
I would like to play Mario kart mainly (n64 version or another good 3d version) (because I already have the GBA one)
grubbycoder wrote:
Calculatordream wrote:

I looked it up, and it's really impressive. Unplayable, but genuinely amazing.

Even SNES emulators struggle on the Nspire, so I don't see an N64 one happening any time soon.
I Wonder why the snes struggle (I had the same problem).
You could play super circuit using a Gameboy emulator but the N64 has a processer so far from that of the Nspire that a game that was realsed on the 64 would work, but it would literally be quicker to watch paint dry then to get around peaches castle once.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours