that makes sense to me... but why?
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
...or you could just run it under win32 and be done with it... Smile

yes, just like you could submit your @55-hole to violent rapings at a prison

I, personally, prefer not to Wink
Shock Ummm...oookaayyyy....

what do you THINK happens to your computer when you go online in a WinXP box? Razz

(seriously, in less than 15 minutes or so an unpatched windows box will be compromised without even going to a website - just by being on the internet it gets screwed)
dont you know it.
Quote:
You DO know that cedega uses wine as its core, right? so wineX will run the exact same as regular ol' free wine assuming there isn't any directX code

Um, no, WineX and WINE split years ago...they've been developing separately since their split.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
You DO know that cedega uses wine as its core, right? so wineX will run the exact same as regular ol' free wine assuming there isn't any directX code

Um, no, WineX and WINE split years ago...they've been developing separately since their split.

first, wineX doesn't even exist anymore, it is officially renamed Cedega, so you might wanna stop calling it wineX

Cedega still contains original code from the Wine project. Regardless of the fork, it still uses wine as its core

But that still doesn't answer WHY you would want to use Cedega over the much better wine + blockland in openGL mode
...Because the comp that I was playing Blockland on couldn't handle OpenGL well at all, but it could with DirectX...yes, my comp. is very old...which is why I've finished building my other 'newer' comp, so I can finally get rid of it...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
...Because the comp that I was playing Blockland on couldn't handle OpenGL well at all, but it could with DirectX...yes, my comp. is very old...which is why I've finished building my other 'newer' comp, so I can finally get rid of it...

o.0 - cedega/WineX just remaps all the DirectX calls to OpenGL, so either wine + blockland in opengl or cedega + blockland in directX still ends up being sent to the driver as openGL calls....
Hmm...then there must be something else in cedega that allows me to play blockland...maybe the way the two handle DirectX -> OpenGL? Or OpenGL in general?...I'll do an experiment this weekend to see what'd up Smile
you might also try updating your drivers and making sure direct rendering is enabled/working
Yeah; now that I'm using a Radeon (donated to me by a friend) instead of some ambiguous integrated video chip, things should go smoother...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours