To be honest, I don't know. Probably just add some images (eye candy), etc...
linkjt9 wrote:
I have a question, what should I put on a GitHub repo so people know about the game?

Source code?

The purpose of a GitHub repository is ideally to host source files and make contributing to projects easier (along with version control), not just general cloud storage. Though there really aren't any rules so I guess do what you want Razz

Program source and a README so people know how to use your program (maybe a screenshot or two in that) is a good structure. Your current repository looks fine, though fleshing out the README with more information on using the program could be a good thing to do.
Ok, thanks, I’ll do the suggested changes kinda soon, as an update, the Lodibg screen is more optimized, and there is a very long intro cutscene. In the works right now is a hanger and achievements, along with making the repo more detailed and bug fixing. Edit: the pause screen is so much faster now, thank you StephenM
Ok, everything is almost ready for v1.1, protons work, they are two shot, the hanger is almost ready, everything looking good, Problems as of now:
Adding in the sprites for the next couple levels
Adding in functionality for the hanger
In terms of sprites, I have created a tool to help with that if you want: https://github.com/StephenMortada/Plot-Sprite-Editor
I created the sprite already, the only problem is I am to lazy to copy and paste the sprite I made into the code.
Hi, just thought I would share some of the game images because I haven't actually shown any of what the game looks like.

Oh wow, this actually looks really good!
looks cool, kinda reminds me of X-Wing 2. Does it run at a decent speed?
Yeah, I haven’t started optimizing it yet
I am rather curious as to how you draw fully filled shapes, since I have needed them on a few occasions.
I'll definitely have to try this. Any idea what the fps is?
On the drawing of shapes: for the entirety of the cockpit and background, it’s just the saved image, for the enemy starfighters I use point on with -10,10 x and -10,10 y dimensions
On the FPS: I use the recall pic function, so it’s a bit flickery, but it does run quite fast I’d have to actually calculate the FPS though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours