But it's not just any Minecraft clone.

Unlike all the other Minecraft clones for the 84 PCE I have seen thus far, this one is not 2D or isometric 3D, my clone uses perspective correct 3D rendering. That means it's a lot slower than the other clones, but I've done my best to make the game playable and fun in spite of that.
Furthermore, by giving up performance, you gain the visual variety and ease of use you get from perspective correct 3D rendering. Unlike isometric 3D, there is much less ambiguity about where your cursor is in 3D space, making the game much easier to play. You can also move and rotate the camera around freely, so you can see your virtual world from unique and interesting perspectives.
Also, TICraft supports texture packs, which as far as I'm aware is not supported by any other Minecraft clone for the TI 84 plus CE.
Github: https://github.com/TheMiningTeamYT/TICraft
My main goals with this project were to recreate TheScienceElf's 3D Minecraft clone (Blocks), but using perspective correct 3D rendering, as I saw the use of isometric 3D as a major flaw with his version. This is still a work in progress, but I feel I've taken it about as far as I can. I've got all the major features I wanted to add, except for larger worlds, and I've even added features I never thought of at the start (like texture packs or screenshots to USB). The only major thing left to work on is improving the documentation for the game.
Nice work! At one point calc84 Jacoby and others optimized the fixed point math routines here: https://github.com/TheScienceElf/TI-84-CE-Raytracing/pull/2

Not sure if that is helpful for you, but might help speed things up? Anyways great job it looks really cool!
I was already using that version of the fixed point math (because TheScienceElf's assembly doesn't compile anymore), but your message did remind be that I modified the fixed point functions to preserve IY because I was lazy when calling those functions from my assembly. Since then I have removed the assembly where I called those fixed point functions, so I put the functions back the way originally they were. Theoretically that should mean a minor speed improvement, because I'm not pushing & popping IY anymore. Thanks for reminding me!
Looks awesome man! The speed is great considering it's 3D!

Will check it out 😀
That's absolutely incredible. Great job! And here I thought I had something incredible with my 2D version...
Great work! This is almost as good as crafti on the nspire.
jasper7474 wrote:
That's absolutely incredible. Great job! And here I thought I had something incredible with my 2D version...

Ya wanna know something? I was saying the same thing when I saw your version.
Wow so many minecraft versions now.
Loganius wrote:
jasper7474 wrote:

Ya wanna know something? I was saying the same thing when I saw your version.

Yeah... I tried your version on hardware, and I have to say, it is jaw-dropping that it looks so good. The hardware restrictions prevent it from being overall playable, but it's great eye candy. I do appreciate the little places where you made it efficient, like mining blocks only makes it render the area where the block was.
Having just announced my port of the game a few days ago, I saw this and immediately thought, "alert alert, competition!", but I suppose each version has its strength. I need to add world saving to my version now, and maybe texture packs Smile.
I downloaded this up came up with the error : Library Version Library Name: Libload download here at tiny.cc/clibs I downloaded that but it still didn't work! What should I do? Wait nvm i figured it out!
I have one question how do you change your camera angle? But great program! 10/10
This looks impressive! While it takes a while to render, it's still quite fast when we consider the platform limitations and I like how you managed to still make the gameplay look good by making the camera remain still when selecting blocks on the map. Smile
Where do I download texture packs and how?
I need to drink some coffee. I thought it was 3d. Silly me.
I think we are not realizing how insane this is. It might be pretty slow but in the end it is a 3d minecraft running on a 2D CALCULATOR. I love the inclusion of texture packs by the way. I think my favorite one is pamplemousse.
1qrobo1 wrote:
Where do I download texture packs and how?

1. Go to the github page for Ticraft
2. open the folder that says processing
3. Open one of the texture pack folders like PlastiCraft
4. click on the file that ends in ".8xv" in whichever folder you choose
5. Click on view raw and it should download the file
6. Move the .8xv file you just downloaded onto your calculator
7. Open TiCraft on your calculator and it will ask you which texture pack you want to use as soon as you open it

Hopefully this helps anyone wanting to put different texture packs in.
While this looks really cool, upon running it gives a Library Version error, even though I have already checked that I have the latest version of the libraries installed.
StephenM wrote:
While this looks really cool, upon running it gives a Library Version error, even though I have already checked that I have the latest version of the libraries installed.

Did You Make sure it was the Nightly Build???
PaulGamerBoy360 wrote:
StephenM wrote:

Did You Make sure it was the Nightly Build???

Welp, that fixed it. Thanks! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours