I think the title explains it. Hopefully anyone could help me with that.
For anyone asking "why?", it's because im not from the UK and I was in an exam today and indeed made my calculator in exam mode. But the teacher saw it and saw the python app and told me to redo the exam or use another calculator (My redo is tomorrow). Even though I told her I couldn't use the python app while in exam mode.
I hope anyone knows how. Please keep it under "How to remove (e.g Python app)" instead of ways to handle this situation. Thanks!
I think your best bet is probably downgrading your OS version. I've never tried it before, but if you were to get an OS updater for a version less than 3.0 you'd probably not have Python anymore.

You could also literally go into your memory and delete the app (execution starts at 0x802cca6c on OS 3.60), but this will probably brick your calculator instead of doing anything useful.

Another potential option is changing the the calculators internal counter of system apps. On OS 3.60, if you changed the value at 0x80362e7e to 0xe010 (instead of 0xe012), the OS would think it has 16 inbuilt apps, removing Python and Distribution.
But, I certainly don't know if this works or if it's possible to change these values - I tried and failed.

You're probably going to have to sort this out with your teacher, sorry.
dr-carlos wrote:
I think your best bet is probably downgrading your OS version. I've never tried it before, but if you were to get an OS updater for a version less than 3.0 you'd probably not have Python anymore.

You could also literally go into your memory and delete the app (execution starts at 0x802cca6c on OS 3.60), but this will probably brick your calculator instead of doing anything useful.

Another potential option is changing the the calculators internal counter of system apps. On OS 3.60, if you changed the value at 0x80362e7e to 0xe010 (instead of 0xe012), the OS would think it has 16 inbuilt apps, removing Python and Distribution.
But, I certainly don't know if this works or if it's possible to change these values - I tried and failed.

Thank you for your response. I think the best bet is to downgrade my OS.
Though I have a question, is what do you mean by and how to change the "0x80362e7e" to 0xe012. What tools do I need? And what is the file I should be edditing? I'm a beginner at this, but I can learn fast. Just need your guide.
Thanks again for your reponse, pretty helpful Very Happy
beta wrote:
dr-carlos wrote:

Though I have a question, is what do you mean by and how to change the "0x80362e7e" to 0xe012. What tools do I need? And what is the file I should be edditing? I'm a beginner at this, but I can learn fast. Just need your guide.

It means changing the assembly instruction on the calculator ROM from 0xe012 to 0xe10. I would suggest the INSIGHT addin but this won't work because that address is read-only.
dr-carlos wrote:
beta wrote:
dr-carlos wrote:

It means changing the assembly instruction on the calculator ROM from 0xe012 to 0xe10. I would suggest the INSIGHT addin but this won't work because that address is read-only.

So it's not possible
Well it might be possible, but honestly I don't know enough about the memory/ROM functionality of the calculator to tell you. I have certainly got no idea how to do it, if it is possible.

Anyway, have you had any luck trying to downgrade the OS?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours