Would xFiles CE be a shell you would like to try out when it is released?
Yes
 68%  [ 15 ]
No
 13%  [ 3 ]
Maybe
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Most likely not a Celtic issue, since how would Celtic even affect that? It's only a parser hook. My guess is that the issue is the people who think they are on the latest version of Cesium actually aren't, they're on the latest version on Cemetech, 3.6.3. On GitHub, there is a version 3.6.4, which has the fixes for strange icon formats. Maybe updating the Cemetech archives version would be a good idea.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The icon works fine for me with the latest Cesium.

My guess is a Celtic issue.
It doesn't on pre-A hardware revision calcs running OS 5.3.0 at the very least, because I am using the most recent version of Cesium that can be found on Github (October 2nd) and I still have the same crashing problem.

Achak must have done some ultra wacky a with his icon.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The icon works fine for me with the latest Cesium.

My guess is a Celtic issue.
It doesn't on pre-A hardware revision calcs running OS 5.3.0 at the very least, because I am using the most recent version of Cesium that can be found on Github (October 2nd) and I still have the same crashing problem.

Achak must have done some ultra wacky a with his icon.

I’ve used the Sprite Creator program to make the icon, maybe that does something weird with the icons.

I’ll redo the icon in the next release. Hopefully that will work!
AchakTheFurry wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I actually had forgotten to even send Celtic to my calculator when the crash happened. I just had xFiles, two TI-Boy CE ROMs and Cesium installed and trying to start Cesium would result in a crash even after a fresh RAM reset.

Maybe in the next update I might change the icon so it stops crashing for people.

More bugs to fix 🕷️

It's alright bro, keep up the good work!
So I’ve noticed a few weird quirks here and there, and I’ll get on them as soon as I can. Also I have some updates in mind, I plan to leave out XFUPDATE in the next release, along with some other changes:

- Group extraction for programs and app vars, with the ability to toggle the status for each item (whether you want them archived, in RAM, or omitted)
- Configuration creation within the main program instead of XFUPDATE
- UI change
- Some other changes I can’t think of

Let me know if you have ideas, I plan to use new commands in Celtic CE 1.02b
A new version of your favorite file manager xFiles CE will soon be rolling out to the archives on Cemetech.net and ticalc.org. In this new update, I have changed a good bit of the program, with one of the biggest features removed- xFiles Update. From now on, only 2 programs will have to be sent to the calculator, whether it be a physical one or on CEmu.

A list of highlights in this update:

- Celtic CE 1.2 Beta commands implemented
- Group Extraction
- xFiles Update dropped
- Green theme for Saint Patrick's Day
- Shamrocks!
- Annoying typos and bug fixes

Yes you heard that right, this file manager introduces a new feature that extracts files from group files, but only programs and app variables (for now)... the first program ever on the TI-84 Plus CE that has the ability to extract group files. You don't need to worry about TI's pesky VERSION errors when trying to extract files, xFiles does it anyway for you!

Try this new version of xFiles CE when it rolls out! I guarantee that you'll like this! ;3

Fun fact about Saint Patrick's day: Saint Patrick didn’t wear green. His color was “Saint Patrick’s blue.” The color green became associated with St. Patrick’s Day after it was linked to the Irish independence movement in the late 18th century.
Soon I'll post a new update for xFiles, the last version going to be 1.03. There are some bugs I'll fix, but after this update I'm going to stop developing for xFiles CE.

Why am I doing this?

I want to focus on other programs and other things in life, so after this update I won't make any more versions of xFiles CE.
I know I've said 1.02 would have been the last, but after a while I have decided I'm going to redo it from scratch with a new user interface. Once the next version of Celtic CE rolls out, I'll make a better rounded interface, sort of like CEaShell. It might take me a while to do this, but I'm open for suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism to make this improved.

Until my next update, have a nice day!
Do you have backups of the screenshots in this slide that you could rehost somewhere else? They're all blank now, which will make our future PotMs somewhat challenging!
KermMartian wrote:
Do you have backups of the screenshots in this slide that you could rehost somewhere else? They're all blank now, which will make our future PotMs somewhat challenging!

Do you know any good free image hosting services that keep images forever?
AchakTheFurry wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Do you know any good free image hosting services that keep images forever?

Imgur.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours