Another month, already? It's only a day since our May 2022 post, but we have to get back up to date somehow! There were a lot of projects worked on this month: let's get right into them.

• Calculator Street Racing: A drag racing game for 84+/CE: Oxiti8 is nearing completion of the color version of their racing game. There are few details but they shared this preview!

• Citadel: A TI-84+ Roguelike [Axe]: kilo has come back swinging with a huge update! They updated the graphics and discussed, in great detail, procedurally creating a map with dungeons and corridors. It's no small feat to create working, completely random worlds so go check out the screenshots of their development process!

• Elimination: An RPG inspired by Earthbound / Pokemon: Hot_Dog gave their amazing RPG a great feature bump in v1.2. Attacking now has cool visual effects, a character has gained a new, sweet tool, as well as some game play bugs. These updates might warrant a new play through even if you've gone through the campaign already!
  • Folders: If you've felt that Cesium and the TI program menu could use some folders, then Frederik has you covered! This month they updated the code to work with the latest C libraries. Be sure to update to avoid a crash!

• Friday Night Funkin on the CE (Previously Guitar hero): New user Msplats has created their first project in ICE! Similar to guitar hero, you press the top 5 buttons of the calculator as the notes fall down the screen! There's a pre-release you can try out in the thread!
  • Lua port for the CE: commandblockguy casually started porting the programming language Lua to the CE. They're working on a way to allow running stored programs. Go check it out!

• S.A.M.M. - A Metroid-vania for TI-84 Plus CE: Captain Calc just released their amazing looking platformer. With amazing graphics, over 100 rooms, and an entire website with a deep backstory, it's worth trying out!

• [C] CEdit editor for the TI 84 plus CE: Michael0x18 is continuing work on their text editor for the TI-84 Plus CE. This month they've added custom fonts and colors as well as modifier keys!

• [C] Endless Mazes on the CE: If you love mazes then you'll love matkeller19's maze generation program! It quickly generates mazes that can take up nearly the entire screen!

That's all for this month! Since S.A.M.M. was the only completed project this month it automatically moves on to PoTY. See you next time!
Great work on this, TLM!
I need to retry S.A.M.M. I think I downloaded the final version but when I last played the game it wasn't completed so it was the version before. All those projects are nice. Thanks for keeping PotM going.
2022? Why not 2023?
Their behind schedule so these are the ones from 2022.
Indeed - we're interleaving the 2022 and 2023 PotMs, as you can see from our news archives. If you have an interest in contributing PotM articles, let us know!
KermMartian wrote:
Indeed - we're interleaving the 2022 and 2023 PotMs, as you can see from our news archives. If you have an interest in contributing PotM articles, let us know!

I'm actually interested in doing some Projects of the month stuff. I end up reading every new topic thread and I enjoy writing articles, so...
KermMartian wrote:

So do I, I would like to contribute for the exact same reasons as Calculatordream does.
Thanks, we'd appreciate the help! The way we generally do this is ask you to write part of a PotM we haven't yet written as a test, to get a sense of your coherence, concision, and writing style. Reach out on Discord, and we can get it started.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours