Hi! So i'm knew to using the TI-84(Plus CE) and building programs for it, but I've been trying to change the Icon of a few programs that shows up in Celsium and CEaShell. I know that they are stored as sprites at the top of the binary, as text but how do you create and insert them? Thanks.
You should be able to find this information that comes with Cesium: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/blob/master/icons_descriptions.md#assembly-headers
There are, also several programs for creating your own icons. Here's my favorite. It will store the sprite you create into a string, which you can then paste into a program using the rcl function. https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/1889/x1889
wait, how exactly would you do that for a asm program
DarkSystem wrote:

Did you read the link? I'm not sure what the other person is saying, not sure they understood the question...
lol. You can also create icon headers for BASIC programs.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
DarkSystem wrote:

Did you read the link? I'm not sure what the other person is saying, not sure they understood the question...

My situation is that i'm trying to add a icon to a precompiled program. The celsium docs don't really help with that
There is no easy way to add an icon to a program if you don't have the source. If you can rebuild it, you can edit the source to add an icon.

Modifying an existing binary is difficult because it sits at the beginning of the program, so inserting icon data means all internal references using absolute addresses (like jp instructions) become wrong. It's possible to fix that, but basically involves disassembling the program to find everything that refers to program contents and changing the addresses.
Tari wrote:
There is no easy way to add an icon to a program if you don't have the source. If you can rebuild it, you can edit the source to add an icon.

Modifying an existing binary is difficult because it sits at the beginning of the program, so inserting icon data means all internal references using absolute addresses (like jp instructions) become wrong. It's possible to fix that, but basically involves disassembling the program to find everything that refers to program contents and changing the addresses.

I had to learn that the hard way. I have the source but building it is another problem
Yeah whoever the idiot was that decided that icons for assembly programs comes first was rather stupid Sad

If it had been at the end adding icons could have been easy
DarkSystem wrote:
I have the source but building it is another problem
Presumably somebody could help you figure that out with more information. If you downloaded this from somewhere, presumably sharing where you go it from would be sufficient.
Maybe the only way would be to pack the binary in a 'loader program' with the icon and such that you want which would effectively 'load' the program (perhaps compressed) itself once launched?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours