I made a clone of the sliding block game "Rush Hour" for the Ti 84 Plus CE.

There are 1811 levels. I have uploaded the game to the Archives and made a GitHub repo.
1811 levels!!!! :O

I'm definitively gonna give this a try when I am less busy coding and doing other stuff Smile
Nice! I have loved these types of games when I was young (I still am) Very Happy
Awesome! As DJ Omnimaga said, that's a very impressive number of levels, it probably took a long time to recreate all of those. This was also a game that I used to play, it's a clever concept that I'm glad to see on the CE.

Have you considered adding actual sprites for the cars/game board? That might up the visual appeal slightly (at the cost of increased space). I also might suggest making that red box cursor when no car is selected just be an outline, it looks like it would be somewhat easy to get mixed up with the red car depending on where it is.

Anyway, nice work, I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.
epsilon5 wrote:
As DJ Omnimaga said, that's a very impressive number of levels, it probably took a long time to recreate all of those.

I used this database which contains every possible level. I chose 1811 of them and wrote a python script to convert the levels from the database format to a space saving format, which can be read by the game. I improved it much more today and reduced the file size from 44KB to 31KB.
epsilon5 wrote:
Have you considered adding actual sprites for the cars/game board?

I have considered that and maybe I'll make some basic sprites later.
epsilon5 wrote:
I also might suggest making that red box cursor when no car is selected just be an outline, it looks like it would be somewhat easy to get mixed up with the red car depending on where it is.

Yes, I changed that. It's better now.
Nice job!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours