Same.
I don't know what my school has. All I know is that the Compsci people can play unreal tournament with good graphics and at a reasonable speed.
rivereye wrote:
and the only thing availible at google is just the web search

Google Web accelerator is a proxy...
elfprince13 wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
I don't exactly remember, but I can tell you exactly how bad it is tomorrow. Let's just say that it has a hard time running the TankWars game I'm making in vb which runs too fast on my home computer.

you should have your game use the tickrate for timing so that it never runs 'too fast'
Do you have a link where I could learn about that. Google turned up nothing.

see the little clock in the place where you add components (I think thats what they are called..can't remember exact vb terminology)

That timer often isn't exact enough for a game, but it will work. Just set it to a certain interval (which is *supposed* to be in milliseconds), then have its timer() function do whatever it is you need

Btw chip, is this for 6 or .net?
Crappy old 6 Sad
Chipmaster wrote:
Crappy old 6 Sad

i made a game in 6 that uses a tick timer, i'll post the code for it later (its at school) - its just a memory/repeat/simon says type game, but it uses a main game loop that should help give you some ideas
swivelgames wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
/me makes sure not to tell anyone that to get around internet blocks at his high school you just have get on IE, go to View->Privacy Report->Settings->Connections->Lan Settings and uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN

So...uh... How 'bout that weather? erm...

Theres no Connections Tab in this IE properties.

Tools->Internet options->Connections->LAN Settings->Uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN".
Kuro wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
/me makes sure not to tell anyone that to get around internet blocks at his high school you just have get on IE, go to View->Privacy Report->Settings->Connections->Lan Settings and uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN

So...uh... How 'bout that weather? erm...

Theres no Connections Tab in this IE properties.

Tools->Internet options->Connections->LAN Settings->Uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN".

wont work. its a registry setting. and DO NOT get caught in the registry editor if you value your education. bring firefox in on a thumbdrive or use an HTTP tunnel.
It's worked on computers at my old school before. Probably due to the fact that the teacher in charge of internet security was unspeakably lazy.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
Crappy old 6 Sad

I made a game in 6 that uses a tick timer, I'll post the code for it later (its at school) - its just a memory/repeat/simon says type game, but it uses a main game loop that should help give you some ideas
Don't bother. I know how to use timers. I just had never heard them referred to as "tickrate timers before." In fact, I have a good part of the game done. The reason that it ran slow on the computers at school is because I was using a very small interval rate for the timer to make it have the max fps on my cpu, but the computers at school couldn't finish the procedure that ran when the timer was triggered in time. Laughing I raised the interval a bit and that pretty much fixed it. Thanks for the offer though. Smile
Kuro wrote:
It's worked on computers at my old school before. Probably due to the fact that the teacher in charge of internet security was unspeakably lazy.

it used to work at my school...,,till they cracked down on security cause of a senior prank involving keyloggers and removing deep freeze.
Chipmaster wrote:
Don't bother. I know how to use timers. I just had never heard them referred to as "tickrate timers before." In fact, I have a good part of the game done. The reason that it ran slow on the computers at school is because I was using a very small interval rate for the timer to make it have the max fps on my cpu, but the computers at school couldn't finish the procedure that ran when the timer was triggered in time. Laughing I raised the interval a bit and that pretty much fixed it. Thanks for the offer though. Smile

i didn't use the standard timer, so mine doesn't have that problem. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours