Welcome.

I recently dug up a source that's compatible with zilog developer studio.
Anybody knows an efficient way to convert a ZDS object file (.o) (assembled data + some junk) into a .bin file (assembled data only) ?
Because i want to try to debug the project, and i can't see myself hex-editing the file before each test...

Anybody ?
Thanks in advance.
Why on earth would you want to do this... do you have a link to the project?
It's probably easier to adapt jacobly's fasmg hax from the CE SDK. But if you insist on using ZDS, well, the object files are OMF format, which is a relocatable format, so you're probably going to have to write some custom code to convert the files. I wrote some code a while back that can parse those files in case you want to try your hand at it.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Why on earth would you want to do this... do you have a link to the project?

Because rabbitsign.exe can't produce a .8xk file from a .o file.
The project is https://github.com/denglend/calcsys.
DrDnar wrote:
It's probably easier to adapt jacobly's fasmg hax from the CE SDK. But if you insist on using ZDS, well, the object files are OMF format, which is a relocatable format, so you're probably going to have to write some custom code to convert the files. I wrote some code a while back that can parse those files in case you want to try your hand at it.

Hello D'nar =]
I'm trying to debug calcsys 1.4.
Dan wrote it, not me.
Thanks a lot for the link.
It's been forever since I've touched the ZDS app SDK. But everything you need to build the app should be in the SDK. Sadly, TI removed it from their Website long ago, but they do claim it's still available upon request.
DrDnar wrote:
It's been forever since I've touched the ZDS app SDK. But everything you need to build the app should be in the SDK. Sadly, TI removed it from their Website long ago, but they do claim it's still available upon request.

Yeah, ZDS doesn't seem to be able to produce assembled data only, which is a shame, honestly.
However, i might have the app signer from TI you're talking about somewhere, i'll try, but i'm not sure it'll digest the extra data in the file.
In the event that you did acquire a copy of the SDK, the documentation included will walk you through the process of setting up a ZDS project, generating an Intel .hex file, and signing the app. The SDK is actually pretty OK.
Will let you know how it went after work, thanks again.

EDIT :

I finally managed to make ZDS produce a hex file, so it solved my problem.
Basically, i just had to use "rebuild all" instead of "compile".
That option didn't work when i used it before, but that was because the source wasn't adjusted at that time, so i deduced it was useless.
Thanks again everybody, now time to debug calcsys 1.4 !
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement