Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
This game was originally made for my CC20 entry, but I'm continuing to update the game from version 2 to version 3.

About the game (V.2):
In short, JPL is a game where you build your own craft, then fly it through checkpoints. But it also has a few cool features such as the ability for this program to run natively every TI 84 and TI 83+. Like the craft you made? Another feature JPL has is save and load capabilities! Save up to 3 crafts and share them among all TI 84 and TI 83+ calculators!

Updates:
In version 3 I'm completely redoing my save system so instead of being limited to just 3 saves, you are limited by the amount of RAM on the calculator and you get custom names for your crafts! This will also eliminate over 15 lists! Very Happy
However, easy craft sharing compatibility may not be implemented in the first release of version 3. (crafts will still be compatible, but you wont be able to pick an choose which craft to share)
I'll also fix the bug _iPhoenix_ reported where the crafts hit-blocks weren't the correct size.
I may increase the speed of how quickly the checkpoints fall

Update progress: 95%
Now I just need to make the delete function! Very Happy

Download JPL2 For Color and Monochrome calculators!
Cool! Looks great so far! I have an idea, too! Smile
You should add a leveling system, and make it so the farther you go, the harder it gets. You could make it so when you level up. You unlock new parts and game modes! Last feature: Main Menu with Title,
Store, Options, Credits, and Exit. When you play the game, you could make it so you earn points to spend on parts and power-ups in the shop. When you're done, you could make it into an assembly program using ICE, then add a custom icon for Cesium. Graphing Calculator

P.S.
I know this is a lot, but I think I could help give some update ideas. I'd be glad to help test for bugs and such, too!
you could add little things you can't touch, and you have to shoot, and you could be able to buy new weapons.
john35588 wrote:
you could add little things you can't touch, and you have to shoot, and you could be able to buy new weapons.

Another good idea! Very Happy
Whoa, I wasn't expecting any post after this long! Laughing

NoaxPrime wrote:
You should add a leveling system, and make it so the farther you go, the harder it gets. You could make it so when you level up. You unlock new parts and game modes!
I was thinking about this, I like the idea and I'll try to add a version of this in JPL4! However I'm not sure what parts people would want to unlock since I'm only using ASCII characters. New game modes would be cool, what would you like to see?

NoaxPrime wrote:
Last feature: Main Menu with Title,
Store, Options, Credits, and Exit. When you play the game, you could make it so you earn points to spend on parts and power-ups in the shop.
Yeah, I need a better title screen. Rolling Eyes I'll see what I can whip i
john35588 wrote:
inking about , but like before, I'm just not sure what parts or power-ups I could use. The only 2 I can think of is: extra life, and slowing down the checkpoints.

[quote="john35588"]you could add little things you can't touch, and you have to shoot, and you could be able to buy new weapons.
I could make this happen in a different game mode. Smile

NoaxPrime wrote:
When you're done, you could make it into an assembly program using ICE,
Ehh, I'd actually have to learn ICE first Razz

NoaxPrime wrote:
then add a custom icon for Cesium.
Wait, don't I already have an icon for it? Confused

NoaxPrime wrote:
I'd be glad to help test for bugs and such, too!

I'm close to releasing a public Beta release soon! Very Happy

I like most of these ideas! I'll implement them the best I can! Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:
You should add a leveling system, and make it so the farther you go, the harder it gets. You could make it so when you level up. You unlock new parts and game modes!
I was thinking about this, I like the idea and I'll try to add a version of this in JPL4! However I'm not sure what parts people would want to unlock since I'm only using ASCII characters. New game modes would be cool, what would you like to see?

For the Main Menu:
A training mode would be a good one, you could make the game a lot slower than before but keep the ship the same speed as Normal Mode.

For the "Play Game" Menu:
I think the first main one should be a Challenge Mode, where the game moves faster and more objects spawn. The second main one could be an Obstacle Mode, where it has extra objects like challenge mode but is not sped-up. The third main one could be a Sped-Up mode, where it's sped-up, but has no extra obstacles. The final main one for the update could be a Combat Mode, where you have to use either [2nd] or [enter] to shoot enemies using weapons that you put on the ship like
john35588 suggested, you decide! Very Happy
Some ideas for optimization: Use tokens instead of writing out the entire word: I don't think I saw that anywhere, also, replace "Quit" with "End" (the token)
To reduce size, make the comments uppercase, maybe to increase speed, do this:

Code:
While 0
"COMMENT 1
"COMMENT 2
End

Code 1
Code 2

**Boolean logic, 0=false, so the comments are skipped over

Also, when using SetUpEditor, do this:

Code:
SetUpEditor TEST,TEST1,TEST2 ...

instead of

Code:
SetUpEditor ʟTEST,ʟTEST1,ʟTEST2 ...

(leave off the "ʟ" symbol in front of the list names)
I know, that trick with the comment, but it's pointless since I remove all the comments with the final release Wink

Huh, I didn't know I could leave out the ʟ! Thanks Smile

TLM wrote:
I'm close to releasing a public Beta release soon!

Maybe I should clarify that by *soon* I mean "whenever I stop dying from school" :\
It's been way too long. I've been busy with other projects and kind of just put this to the side.
I'm not dying quite so much from school so I can work on this a little bit more. The problem is, I don't really remember what was wrong with my code. I remember something about possible save corruption and the monochrome game-play ship/ checkpoint collision detection was wrong. But to make sure I catch all the bugs and issues, I'm going to release that beta I promised... 5 months ago?

Anyways, here it is! https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al_ZukYl7XyykF2AX8C75TavDg9d the first beta for JPL v.3!

Please let me know of any bugs (random pause commands that display numbers that make no sense don't count Razz) or gold mines you discover. Suggestions are very much welcome as well!
Note: the game will be a little bit slower than the final release because I kept all the comments. (This was made before I started using SC)
Instead of UnArchive on lists, use SetUpEditor, it'll also UnArchive, and it's smaller bc you can do SetUpEditor L1,L2 instead of UnArchive L1:UnArchive L2
TheLastMillennial wrote:
It's been way too long.

Yeah, WAAAAAY to long. Razz

TheLastMillennial wrote:
I've been busy with other projects and kind of just put this to the side.

Well, I can understand that. Smile We are in the same grade, after all. You taking state tests yet?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours