hehe, so have I. After that, I vowed to not hide my programs, unless completely necessary (i.e. someone borrows my calc & i don't trust them)

BEST ADVICE: DO NOT HIDE YOUR PROGRAMS!!
john35588 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
NOTE: DO NOT GarbageCollect with Hidden prgms. Read above/ few previous pgs to see why, it ain't fun.

Oh yes, I learned that the hard way! Very Happy

I never garbage collect, but it just happens. I was playing this cookie clicker game, and it started defragmenting. OH NO!!!!!
All right; here's a list of things to-do from your suggestions and bug reports.

Complete: Fix garbage collect with hidden programs
Complete: Fix alpha search with hidden programs
Complete: Fix renaming and hiding/archiving directories and apps
Complete: Add color selection screen + more customization
Complete: Fix weird hook behaviors + password loop
Complete: Fix APD during programs
Complete: Allow longer/shorter passwords
Complete: Fix weird input behavior between classic/mathprint (This includes handling input)
Complete: Enter = Boot without backup, 2nd = Boot with backup
Not worth it: Add scroll bar to lists
To-do: Add hook to execute programs in ram-backup mode?
Wow, good luck! What is the estimate on the finishing date? Wink
Wow, good luck!

To make this a partial replacement for TI-OS, can you make the RAM backup so that it does not back up for certain, user-defined prgms?
SM84CE wrote:
Wow, good luck!

To make this a partial replacement for TI-OS, can you make the RAM backup so that it does not back up for certain, user-defined prgms?

I can make it so that pressing [enter] and [2nd] do different things; or other keys?
sure, like ENTER=run, no backup; 2ND=run and backup?
I think that enter should run with backup, and 2nd run without, because you don't usually backup, and we usually use 2nd in games and programs.

Is it possible to make a program editor within cesium?
jcgter777 wrote:
john35588 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
NOTE: DO NOT GarbageCollect with Hidden prgms. Read above/ few previous pgs to see why, it ain't fun.

Oh yes, I learned that the hard way! Very Happy

I never garbage collect, but it just happens. I was playing this cookie clicker game, and it started defragmenting. OH NO!!!!!

Was it mine?
Yes, but it wasn't your fault. It just happens when I run basic programs for a long time.
Edit: Wait! It's actually not your version. It's another one , also from cemetech.
jcgter777 wrote:
Yes, but it wasn't your fault. It just happens when I run basic programs for a long time.

That never happens to me, mine only Garbage collects when I tell it to or when I delete apps.
Probably something wrong with my calc. I have 245 programs right now.
That is a TON of programs!
are they ones you have made, or working on?
Maybe one or two. Others are ones I've downloaded either from Cemetech, CodeWalrus, or TI-Planet.
0x5, guys, SAX is here for a reason! Wink
Mateo: Could you add a feature that allows selection of hooks to enable (separate boxes for ON+PRGM and ON+STAT), and maybe user-defined hooks (Press 2 keys and select what it'll do, I know this might be hard, so I'm not completely sure about the feasibility of this...)

jcger777: I was thinking enter=normal select, like ti-os, and 2nd is "Special select", like shells and games.
For some reason, both the hooks stopped working. I reinstalled Cesium, and reset my calculator, but it still didn't work.

Edit: I just had to reset it when running a program from cesium (with backup).

A few things to fix:
▪ password doesn't always work
▪every time I run a Basic program with Cesium, it garbage collects
Found a new bug, this may be only me, but when I run any program with Cesium, of any language, it will randomly dim the screen, then if I don't push a button, it will turn off immediately and when I turn the Calculator back on, it sort of doubles the screen, it is very annoying, and it only happens when using Cesium, it will not happen when I run programs from the programs menu.
Yeah, that's and APD thing, which should have been fixed in the pre-release on GH. I'll test the pre-release and see if it's fixed, if not, I'll just wait and roll my Cesium version back. Note to self: THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE, If it don't work, it's my fault for using the pre release, not the developer's fault.

EDIT: I also assume that our feature requests are being considered and acknowledge that they might show up in a later, OFFICIAL release.

Found a small bug, where if the password is set to 4 characters, after on/stat, you enter in the 4 chars and nothing happens. This could be just me, not implemented, or the fact that this was a pre-release.

Probably the last 2...

[b]EDIT, jcgter777 told me that I needed 5 chars, with 1 more at the end. Will look at that. Sorry![/b[
Maybe a bug...? But, anyways, every time I transfer a program to my calc, it defrags. Maybe cesium? but I don't know. These weird things started happening when I installed Cesium v2.3.9, so... maybe Mateo could check that out...?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours