Admins, would we be able to get normal potions of Speed level 15 and 20, extended time (8:00), as explained below? Thanks.

The Speedster Qualifiers

A series of PvP matches in round-robin style. One player (rotates) plays the Flash. This player gets Speed 15. Other players attempt to kill him. I'll create a scoring system based on the time it takes for the other players to kill the Flash, how long it takes him to kill everyone else, or how many players he kills before dying.

The five (5) players who achieve the highest stats in the Qualifiers move onto the Speedster Death Match.

The Speedster Death Match

A single PvP match, an elimination tournament. Players who pass the qualifiers play Flash, Kid Flash, Reverse Flash, Godspeed, Savitar. This is a speed match (Speed 15). Points will be awarded in a fashion similar to the qualifiers.

The Finale Death Match

For the finale, the player from the Speedster death match with the best stats becomes Black Flash (Speed 20). The others keep their identity from the last match and play with Speed 15. If Black Flash kills the other speedsters, that player wins the series. If any player kills Black Flash at any time, the match ends and the killing player is announced the winner.
You don't even need the crazy potions, I don't think. Just give the normal players slowness 2, the flash speed 1 and the black flash speed 2.

Should have similar effects, if the potions are not able to be provided.
yay 2^3^3 posts!
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
You don't even need the crazy potions, I don't think. Just give the normal players slowness 2, the flash speed 1 and the black flash speed 2.

I can certainly do that. I should make those potions anyway. If I am able to get the fast potions, I do plan to add in the speedster lightning effects in the videos Smile
Also, perhaps add assorted traps in the arena, like random cobwebs, automatic spectral arrow dispensers (behind vines/ladder so you cannot steal, hook up to tripwire), etc.

These would add to the excitement of the match.
ACagliano wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I can certainly do that. I should make those potions anyway. If I am able to get the fast potions, I do plan to add in the speedster lightning effects in the videos Smile

Sounds like a good alternative. I haven't had any luck finding commands to create those specific speeds. I know 8 min potion of Swiftness is a thing, I just don't think I can increase the speed of that swiftness. I can set speed via in game commands but I think it tops out at 10 and it won't help here cause I can't put a time on that. I'm going to continue searching for potion solutions though!
Alex wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Sounds like a good alternative. I haven't had any luck finding commands to create those specific speeds. I know 8 min potion of Swiftness is a thing, I just don't think I can increase the speed of that swiftness. I can set speed via in game commands but I think it tops out at 10 and it won't help here cause I can't put a time on that. I'm going to continue searching for potion solutions though!

Code:
/give @p minecraft:splash_potion 1 0 {CustomPotionEffects:[{Id:1,Amplifier:14,Duration:9600}],Potion:"minecraft:long_swiftness"}

This command gives the nearest player a splash potion of swiftness, level 15, for 8 min.

Change "14" to 19 to get a swiftness 20 potion.

Or, an admin can use the /effect command on the players.
Ex.
/effect @p speed 480 14 true

(Gives the nearest player swiftness 15 for 8 min, hiding particles)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Code:
/give @p minecraft:splash_potion 1 0 {CustomPotionEffects:[{Id:1,Amplifier:14,Duration:9600}],Potion:"minecraft:long_swiftness"}

This command gives the nearest player a splash potion of swiftness, level 15, for 8 min.

Change "14" to 19 to get a swiftness 20 potion.

Or, an admin can use the /effect command on the players.
Ex.
/effect @p speed 480 14 true

(Gives the nearest player swiftness 15 for 8 min, hiding particles)

Is there a version for normal potions? Normal, non-splash speed?
Yes, replace "splash_potion" with "potion"
Awesome! Well, if comic is able to generate some of those, that'd be great. If not, I can shut off my beacon and use your suggestion.
@comic, if you are able to, you can place them into the chest with a light over it, labeled "Flash stuff"
I'd also make it a shop under acag's name, for air, so that people cannot take them and start abusing it.
Potions are in the chest. 64 of each.
Alex wrote:
Potions are in the chest. 64 of each.
Thanks!

First, a note on theme: as the Flash is a super-speed themed hero, the idea of this series is speed-battles. So Let me explain, in detail, the format of the series.

Qualifiers
Gear: Iron armor/sword, unenchanted bow. SLOWNESS arrows/potions allowed, all other arrows/potions banned.
A series of speed vs. normal matches. In round-robin fashion, every player gets a turn as the Flash, adourning one of the armor sets and using the Velocity-6... um I mean Speed-15 potion. Your objective as a speedster is to kill all the other players who do not have speed. If you are a non-speedster player, your objective is to kill the speedster. Rounds will be scored as follows:
- A normal on speedster kill is worth 2 points.
- A speedster on normal kill is worth 1 point.
- Each non-speedster player then gets a half point per minute they lasted.
- If a speedster kills all other players in the round, they get a 50% bonus.
* Rounds last 8 minutes, the duration of a single Speed-15 potion. Once it wears off, announce that. The round ends. Anyone still alive at that point gets a 50% bonus.
* Qualifier matches will be held at various times over the next two weeks, typically on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
* At the end of the qualifiers, the 4 highest ranking players move on to the Speedster Death Match.
* Anyone, even people who have not participated in matches previously, are welcome to join. There will be plenty of qualifier events.

Speedster Death Match
The 4 highest ranking players in the qualifiers become speedsters and adourn the armor sets, as well as get a single Speed-15 potion. You can choose what speedster you want to play as. Options are: Flash, Kid Flash, Reverse Flash, and Savitar (Future Flash). Scoring is a bit simpler this time around.
- Each kill is one point.
- When you die, you are eliminated.
- Participants are ranked in order of most kills.
* You again get only one Speed potion. Once it wears off, announce that. The match ends. Anyone still alive at that point gets a 50% bonus.
* This death match can be repeated if people agree on it, and new stats are augmented to the old ones.
** Depending on how many people participate in the Qualifiers, I might allow the 8 best stats to compete in two separate death matches (4 each), choose the two highest from each, and let them compete in a final Speedster Death Match to determine the standings for the finale.

Black Flash Death Match
When you enter the arena, you'll see the Black Flash suit in a display case. That is for the final event. This is another death match, with a twist. The highest ranking player from the Speedster Death Match puts on the Black Flash armor and gets to use a Speed-20 potion. Everyone else gets to adourn the other armor pieces and use a Speed-15 potion. This match is partially sudden death, except with a slight advantage to the other three. Black Flash has to kill off the other 3 speedsters to win the series. However, if any one of the other three speedsters kills Black Flash, the match is over and the player that dealt the killing blow wins the series.
* Again, only one speed potion.

Other Things of Note
** Please be careful with my leather armor. Try not to let it despawn. If you notice it needing repair, please do so. If it breaks, please alert me and/or replace it. Donations of leather welcome.
** When I record and export, I will, just for the heck of it, be adding the Speedster lightning effect to the video, trailing speedster players. For an example of this effect, check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q40BrqlbcU

SCREENIE TIME

Arena logo:

The Flash suit:

Reverse Flash suit:

Kid Flash suit:

Savitar (Future Flash) suit:

Black Flash suit (in display case... for now)
Can I bring my autoclicker? Wink
xMarminq_ wrote:

If you do, then I'll bring my full auto combat bot Just Joking
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:

If you bring a combat bot, I'll just bring a autoseeking death ray. Just Joking

But in all seriousness, this sounds pretty cool. Perhaps you could add some redstone surprises in the arena as well, to make matches more interesting?
Caleb_J wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:

If you bring a combat bot, I'll just bring a autoseeking death ray. Just Joking
But in all seriousness, this sounds pretty cool. Perhaps you could add some redstone surprises in the arena as well, to make matches more interesting?

I'm entertaining the idea of non-lethal redstone traps for the Death Match and the fight against Black Flash. To my current understanding, TNT that is placed or dispensed will damage towny-protected land, so I cant use explosives. I'll also be adding something throwable, like snowballs or something to be like a Speedster throwing lightning.

This week, Tuesday and Thursday, are the final qualifiers. At which point I'll inform the top-ranked players who they are and arrange a day they are all available for the Death Match.

Also, sorry for the delay in uploading Episode 3 of the series, I made a mistake when using ReplayMod to trim the recording. The exporter/extrapolator are stable, but the editor is a beta and I ended up crashing my client and corrupting my recording. However, I did manage to restore it from a backup and it is currently rendering as I type this. I'll post a link when it goes up!
ACagliano wrote:
I'm entertaining the idea of non-lethal redstone traps for the Death Match and the fight against Black Flash. To my current understanding, TNT that is placed or dispensed will damage towny-protected land, so I cant use explosives. I'll also be adding something throwable, like snowballs or something to be like a Speedster throwing lightning.

Maybe slowness potions, as those would add a twist to the match. You could even do blindness splash potions.
You could use constant night vision so the lights don't get in the way...

(From the screenies)
xMarminq_ wrote:
You could use constant night vision so the lights don't get in the way...

(From the screenies)

Or embed the lights in the ground.
Well guys, the time has come! Tomorrow night is the last qualifier in Speedster PvP. If you want to try to get on the board, or protect your ranking, please join the match at 7:30pm EST tomorrow night. If there are no technical difficulties, matches tend to end in 20-30 minutes. If you wish to spectate, you are welcome to do so!

As of right now, our top players for this series are:
LittleMoonBeam with 12.41 pts
TurquoiseDrag0n with 9.59 pts
tifreak with 9.55 pts
GregsAStar with 9.25 pts.

If you're on the leaderboard, don't assume you'll stay on! Less than one point separates 3rd place and 7th place. Anything can happen tomorrow night!

Lastly, a bit of an update on the Death Match.
It seems that the vast majority of qualifying players have selected Sunday, June 11, evening as the time they are most likely to be free. Unless that changes, that will be the time of the Speedster Death Match (and likely between 7 and 9pm EST). This is how that event will run:
- The top 4 qualifying players will fight each other in 3 8-minute rounds. Each round will go down the same...
- Each player gets a Speed-15 potion and has to kill the other players.
- Every kill is 10 points. Every death is a negative 5 points.
- Every player receives a time bonus each round. That bonus is a % of your KD score, calculated by how much of the 8 minute time you survived. If you lasted the entire time, or are the last standing, you get 100%. So for example, a player with a KD score of 15 dying at the 3 minute mark gets an extra 37.5% (5.6 points) in time points. The same player lasting the entire round gets another 15 time points (100%).
- The top scoring player in this event becomes the Black Flash and has to fight the other three in the final event of the series. Time and date of *that* event to be decided.

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours