I am looking at my pending folder, and I have two files:

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/pending/X-BLADE%20DEMO.ZIP.zip

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/pending/air%20king.zip.zip

And they are fairly large file size. The fact that they are .zip.zip mean anything??
Pending folder like files waiting to be approved for upload? Are those your files or someone else's?
Last time I saw .zip.zip it was I virus. I would contact whoever uploaded them to be safe Smile
Dunno who sent them. I really need to get an archiving system going... Sad

I would ask Kerm to put his in, but he is busy enough with DCS right now...
Well to be safe, delete them and ask the sender what the zip file contains or ask the sender not to put it in .zip.zip.
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Dunno who sent them.
So anyone can upload stuff to your archives? They don't need to be registered?
Didn't you guys read the ticalc.org 64 things list? It happens when someone has XP, extension showing turned off, and renames a zip file as something.zip. It already has a hidden .zip, so it ends up as name.zip.zip. Just remove the second .zip and you're good.
I sure did like reading that list. They passed on great tips in a funny way.
I read the article, but my last experience with a .zip.zip wasn't fun. All I can say is thank god for Norton Anti Virus Smile
Well, Once I get Norton's on this machine, I will see about scanning it...
I will download them for you and scan them. Smile

XBlade checked fine even though it is an .exe. Don't ask me why you upload an exe to a calc web site. It looks like a very cheaply done game. The graphics suck, but I guess it's alright. I think it's made in C, so why upload to a calc site?

Air King is also fine. Both are exe's and both have terrible graphics. It looks like an MS Paint Job gone horribly wrong.
Thanks. Smile

I think I know whose programs those are. Smile JcCorp, who also made the Bob Game series...
something1990 wrote:
Well to be safe, delete them and ask the sender what the zip file contains or ask the sender not to put it in .zip.zip.

or, to be just as safe while resolving it much faster, just do this:

1) scan with antivirus
2) open up your archiver of choice and open the .zip.zip thru its file->open, that way, if it IS an executable virus, it is not executed at all and has no chance of infecting the machine

a virus can't magically execute itself if it is in file form. You must be an idiot and double click it for it to run...
Indeedy. Or try a free antivirus like AVG.
personally I like Avast
orly? Is it free?
yeah. its pretty good too.
Maybe I'll try it - it looks pretty professional.
its got some handy features too. have you seen their website?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours