Hi, I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post my problem (tell me if it's not).

I feel stupid for asking this, but...

So I have a TI-84 Plus CE, and I can use TI Connect CE to download the TI-BASIC games from https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/basic/games/, but the ASM games from https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/asm/games/ cannot work for some reason.

I'll provide some pictures.
Two notes: First, I use imgur to display my photos, so just click the imgur link provided - http://imgur.com/a/wY7hu. This shows all the pictures in order of the steps.
Second, the main actions are circled or drawn in black lines, so look at them for more clarification.

Steps:
So I first go to the TI-84 Plus CE Assembly Games section, and click the zip file for say, Game of Life.
Then, I go to the downloads section of chrome and click on GoL (1) zip.
Afterwards, I use TI Connect CE and Open Program.
I move the GOL Program from the already open GOL (1) zip folder to the place to put to-be opened programs on TI-Connect CE.
Then I click Open.
After clicking Open, this appears.

Please help ASAP, and feel free if you need any clarification.

Thanks!
By the way, the same thing happens for any of the ASM games.
From TI Connect CE, select the 'Actions' tab, and choose 'Send File from computer..." Don't try to open it with TI Connect. Hope this helps! Smile Alternatively you can drag/drop the file onto the calculator image in TI Connect.
You cannot edit ASM programs with TI-Connect, or (I don't think) any program unless you have source. I really wanted to do this, too, myself!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
From TI Connect CE, select the 'Actions' tab, and choose 'Send File from computer..." Don't try to open it with TI Connect. Hope this helps! Smile Alternatively you can drag/drop the file onto the calculator image in TI Connect.

The drag/drop doesn't seem to work Sad

Also, the "Send File from computer..." got the program onto my calculator, but when I ran the program, there was a "ERROR: SYNTAX" for "Check all arguments entered. Press + on menu item for Catalog Help.

Aaaaah this is annoying Sad Thanks for trying to help though. Any other thoughts?

EDIT:

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
You cannot edit ASM programs with TI-Connect, or (I don't think) any program unless you have source. I really wanted to do this, too, myself!

I don't mean to edit the program, just to download it on my calculator (doesn't seem to work Sad
Constqntly wrote:
The drag/drop doesn't seem to work Sad

Also, the "Send File from computer..." got the program onto my calculator, but when I ran the program, there was a "ERROR: SYNTAX" for "Check all arguments entered. Press + on menu item for Catalog Help.

Aaaaah this is annoying Sad Thanks for trying to help though. Any other thoughts?

The drag and drop does work if you drag it onto the little black calculator when in screenshot mode. Wink In addition, if you open the readme for many assembly programs, it says you have to select the 'Asm(' token from the catalog before you can run it. You can find this by pressing [2nd]+[0], and scrolling down to 'Asm(', pressing enter, and then selecting the program.

Alternateivly, you can use Cesium and not have to worry about that: Smile
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1372
Constqntly wrote:

Edit: Mateo beat me to it
To run assembly programs, either download a shell or click [2nd] + [0], scroll down to "Asm(", press enter, then press prgm and add your program name and press enter.

Just so you know, please do not double post... instead edit and add to the first post if you're going to post twice in a 24 hour period on the same thread. Thanks!
Quote:
The drag and drop does work if you drag it onto the little black calculator when in screenshot mode. Wink In addition, if you open the readme for many assembly programs, it says you have to select the 'Asm(' token from the catalog before you can run it. You can find this by pressing [2nd]+[0], and scrolling down to 'Asm(', pressing enter, and then selecting the program.

Alternateivly, you can use Cesium and not have to worry about that: Smile
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1372

The Asm( says Needs LibLoad, any suggestions? Thanks so much for trying to help Smile

Also, how does Cesium work?
Constqntly wrote:
The Asm( says Needs LibLoad, any suggestions? Thanks so much for trying to help Smile

You can download LibLoad here. Please note (I'm saying this as respectfully as possible) that all of this information is available with the mandatory README file in every program.
Constqntly wrote:
Also, how does Cesium work?

There's a nice readme explaining it in the download Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours