mr womp womp wrote:
123outerme wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:
123outerme wrote:
Hey Pieman, do you have a GitHub? If not, you should make one; it makes everything a whole lot easier when sharing and editing code. If you have/get one, post the link in this topic, so I can possibly go and make some edits. If you don't want to make it, not a problem.

I have one... I dont have anything for this on it yet though Very Happy

https://github.com/Pieman7373/QBSOLVE/tree/master

Okay, I've submitted a pull request that fixes a few things. You can see the full details in the pull request.

mr womp womp wrote:

Code:

"page."+eval(A)+",6x6->Str1

AFAIK, Pieman is using the CSE for this, which doesn't have the eval() function. You could have this instead:

Code:

"page."+sub("0123456789",A-1,1)+",6x6->Str1

Haha, I realised this was in hybrid-basic and therefore not compatible with the CE yet, and therefore he must have been using the CSE, and thus, the eval() command was not available to him. This is why I promptly removed the post, but I guess you had time to quote me on that Razz
As for the code, you have to note that the page number sometimes goes up to double digits, and if we want to keep things in decimal, your method won't work. That is not to say that it won't work entirely, but it won't work for the one case where the page number goes up to 10. Therefore, we will have to go with the perpetual thorn or the longer, less popular method which is only really an option if we're dealing with integers, which we are. I've thus decided to list out the two sensible ways it could be done (and work for page 10 too).
The nice way

Code:
"?
For(B,1,1+log(A
   sub("0123456789",iPart(10fPart(A10^(~B)))+1,1)+Ans
End
"page."+sub(Ans,1,length(Ans)-1)+",6x6→Str1

The ugly (but smaller) way that overwrites a lot more variables

Code:
{0,1→L₁
{0,A→L₂
LinReg(ax+b) Y₁
Equ►String(Y₁,Str1
"page."+sub(Str1,1,length(Str1)-3)+",6x6→Str1

Yeah, you're right, to have more free control over what A can be, your methods are better. I even used the 2nd one (because it supported decimals) for saving in Sorcery of Uvutu. But if he has one or two digits for his pages (page 0 - 99, essentially), then my method might be more desirable. For two digits, I would do:

Code:

"page."+sub("000102030405060708091011121314151617181920",2A-2,2)+",6x6->Str1

But again, those methods aren't wrong, I just prefer it this way, personally.
Pieman7373 wrote:
I am making a basic program using xLibC that tells how to solve 6 different types of rubik's cubes.
Who wants to help w/ the code?

I realize that this is a huge project already, but why only 6? Are there 6 in particular that interest you, or what? Very Happy
It would be hell to try and add the megaminx..., and the larger sized cubes use the same methods as the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 (i added the 6x6x6 for the sake of an even number) so i didn't need any more Very Happy
Pieman7373 wrote:
It would be hell to try and add the megaminx..., and the larger sized cubes use the same methods as the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 (i added the 6x6x6 for the sake of an even number) so i didn't need any more Very Happy

Oh, I thought there would only be six solutions it would "solve" Rolling Eyes
No, it tells you how solve six different kinds of cube Very Happy
I re-made the opening menu!

The skewb sizing decided to be weird, so the green box doesn't line up right and that irritates me to no end, but i will fix that later...
Does anyone know if i can have a string and read the nth number in that string at will?

Edit: Kerm and Luxen helped me. So i use sub(string,number,length) and expr() to turn it from "number" to number Very Happy
This is going to be the format of my instructions:
http://ywhmaths.webs.com/Puzzles/ProfessorCube.pdf
Pieman7373 wrote:
This is going to be the format of my instructions:
http://ywhmaths.webs.com/Puzzles/ProfessorCube.pdf
nice! I'd recommend using roux for 3x3
I mean notation-wise. I dont know which method of 3x3x3 solving i know, but i will just use that one Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours