Hi guys,
My TI 84 Plus SE wont turn on suddenly
I tried putting out batteries including the backup one
replaced all the 5 batteries
Pushed DEL or ON .. 2ND and DEL and put the battery in ..

Nothing happens at all

No messages like resetting or reinstalling something come up.

I found a little hole aside the backup battery and it says nothing on it but
guess it is the reset button and I tried to push it but i don't feel that I actually pushed something
and of course nothing happens as well.

I dont know what to do anymore.

Help me out please!
For the reset button:

Usually a paper clip will work. Just unbend one and stick it in.

Also, I would recommend the 2ND+DEL+ON trick, but I'm not sure if it would work for a SE.
Thank you for the reply.

I just tried to stick the paper clip in

and i feel nothing is pushed down though.
it feels like there isnt anything to be pushed inside the hole.

I also tried your trick ... still nothing comes up ....
What did you do previous to your calculator turning on? That may help.

Also taking the batteries out (including the backup) for a long time and pressing the ON button to drain all the power in the system usually works if it's only a minor error. I've had that happen to my calculator after I ran a bad ASM program.
I did nothing.

Like about a week ago I used the calculator and it worked well.

I did not install any program at all since I bought it.

And today I found out it doesn't work.
I do not think there is a reset button on those types of calculators. You could try doing what I mentioned above if you still need to and if you didn't do so already.
So I recommend that you plug your calc into the computer and try connecting to Ti Connect, try the new version of TI CONNECT, it has an easier user interface and more than likely connect to your calc. If the new one does not successfully connect, don't loose hope, install the older version of TI CONNECT and retry. This will give us a good diagnosis about your calc. With hopes on God, your calc did not die. Please respond on prognosis base after trying the treatment.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours