Hello Cemetech,

A while back i bought a TI 84 Plus CE-T everything went fine, untill one day when i wanted to reset
my calculator, and the screen went white and it started doing al crazy things. Since then i couldn't do anything.
I tried Troubleshooting it, didn't work, Tried reinstalling the OS by following the steps on the TI website. I got into a screen which says : Waiting.... C Please install operating system now. And under that it says : Press [clear] to erase all storage. I got in there by pressing 2nd and delete at the same time and holding and releasing the reset button. Untill there is went ok, but then TI mentioned a step in which i had to connect it to my computer and install the OS using TI Connect CE and downloading the OS from their website. And the weird thing is my computer or TI connect CE didn't recognize my calculator, so i couldn't install the OS. Before all this my computer recognized my calculator no problem. And now im stuck in that screen. Please help me.

Thanks for your time and effort Surprised
press 2nd delte reset again
then connect to ti connect ce
make sure youre in the file TI plus CE OS
Reinstall OS
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Reinstall OS

So i need to do the 2nd thing again and start up ti connect ce and execute the CE OS file or do i need to drag it to the calculator?
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Reinstall OS

I executed the OS file by double clicking it, but i got a loading icon for half a sec and then nothing happend
I opened the OS file using open with and then ti
Ti connect ce and it opened ti connect ce
While my calculator was attached but nothing
Happened, and my calculator still gave the dame
Screen.I think it is because ti connect ce doesnt
See my calc. So it cant transfer the OS

Thanks for all the time btw
You need to plug in the calculator more. Force it if you have to.
And you tried 2nd+DEL+RESET? Usually there is no need to reflash the OS via TI-Connect unless there is an updated version or the ROM somehow got messed up. 2nd+DEL+RESET alone usually fixes the problem.

Apparently that button combo just pulls an Apple and starts up recovery mode in which you have to upload the OS file yourself... Mad
oldmud0 wrote:
And you tried 2nd+DEL+RESET? Usually there is no need to reflash the OS via TI-Connect unless there is an updated version or the ROM somehow got messed up. 2nd+DEL+RESET alone usually fixes the problem.

Apparently that button combo just pulls an Apple and starts up recovery mode in which you have to upload the OS file yourself... Mad

Yes and im not succeeding in that uploading bit, because i cant put the OS there Sad
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You need to plug in the calculator more. Force it if you have to.

Am i do it right when the mini usb cable is bended a bit when i push it in?
ITS FIXED

Thank you guys for all the effort.
What Matheconluega made sense
It didnt work with the mini ubs cable i got with
The calculator. I just took another one from
an older power bank and pushed it in real hard
and put the OS on it and boom it was fixed.
Tried the official cable but my pc still didnt see
My calc.

Thank you guys a lot.

Hope others will read this and have their problems fixed

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours