Unicorn wrote:

Does the object visible speed up? It could be because you are taking some display things off the screen, thus resulting in a speedup.

Yeah, normally it just slowly inches along, but when I jump, it speeds up.

EDIT: I tried it with Cesium, and when I have the backup option off, it works. But when its on, it doesnt back it up and just resets the emulator.

EDIT 2: Again, what can I do to this code? Whenever I jump, the obstacle speeds up too.

Code:

while(death==0){

draw_tracks();
        gfx_Sprite( train, 0, 96 );

if (key & kb_Up) {
            train_jump();
        }
        if (137<=a+65 & (obst_x<=76 & obst_x>=20)){
            death=1;
        }

if (obst_x<=0){
            obst_x=320;
        }
        key = kb_ScanGroup(kb_group_7);
    }
}

void draw_tracks(){
    obst_off();
    obst_x-=4;
    gfx_Sprite( obstacle, obst_x, 137);

}

void train_jump(void){
    for(a=96;a>40;a--){
        for(x=0; x<25;x++){gfx_Sprite( train, 0, a );}
        drawtrain_off();
        draw_tracks();
    }
    for(;a<=96;a++){
        for(x=0; x<25;x++){gfx_Sprite( train, 0, a );}
        drawtrain_off();
        draw_tracks();
    }
}

void obst_off(void){
    gfx_SetColor(95);
    gfx_FillRectangle_NoClip(obst_x,137,24,24);
}
I've tried your game, but it's almost unplayable Sad
The blocks are coming too hard in my face, and there is no good documentation what I need to do Sad. At what time would I jump? And also, the game starts too fast. Hope you can fix this Smile
Where you playing on an emulator? The speed isn't the same as on a normal calculator. And yeah, there are a lot of things I need to fix. It needs a menu, an exit button, scores, better hit detection, sprite transparency, and I need to fix the blocks and the train. In conclusion, literally everything needs to be fixed or tampered with. I'm planning to update it soon. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours