I've had this calculator for about 2 years (through algebra I and geometry), and I have dropped it before, but it worked perfectly fine after dropping it until now. I barely used it all summer (when it still worked), and now school has started and I need it. When I try to turn it on, the screen flashes and then turns off a second later. When I plug it in to the charger, I can turn it on, and when it is on, the led light is red. When I turn it off, and it's still in the charger, the light turns green. I charged it overnight last night, and it still has the same issue. Very occasionally, when I press the reset button, it will turn on and say my battery is low, but most of the time it still doesn't work. Is this a late reaction to being dropped a year ago, is there an easy solution, or is it just time to replace the calculator?

Thanks for your help!
It might be something with the charge port, so try cleaning that. Also, check the link port. It might have gotten clogged and caused a battery drain.
The batteries in the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition have been known to suddenly fail and no longer hold a charge, as well. I recommend contacting TI CARES (1-800-TI-CARES) and seeing if they'll do something about that, but because it's out of warranty, I suspect that they will not. Your best option might be to try to buy a replacement Li-Poly battery from TI, if the tips Caleb suggested do not do the trick.
This has happened to me before, and before buying a new battery try taking the battery cover off and unplugging, then plugging back in the battery. This has fixed a problem of the same kind multiple times. Wink
The trick to removing the battery is to have it out for at least three minutes. This will reset the calculator so that it will start charging again. This is a known issue with the 84+C SE. If the battery gets totally drained the unit will no longer charge properly until the battery is removed for three minutes.
Its just a problem with the battery. Replace the battery or call TI support. I'd suggest if you haven't done stuff with taking calculators apart before, call TI, as Kerm said.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours