This is vaguely similar to some other topics but they are old and not specific to mac. If this thread needs to be moved, by all means do so. Now to my question:

Has anybody ON MAC OS X been able to get a .rom from their TI-84+ and successfully used it on jsTIfied, and if so, can you please tell me EXACTLY how you did it? I am sorry for shouting in all caps but it seems like instructions are always slightly vague in just the wrong place or don't work on Mac OS X. This is my computer:
I thought I should probable say what I have tried:
rom8x: Everything went smoothly until I tried to run the code too actually create the .rom file. When I did that, nothing happened. I am not entirely sure the code was perfect, however, but I did try several times and checked it.
TiLP: I have not been able to successfully download and install the application on my computer.
Any help with either of these or a different method would be greatly appreciated.
Kydapoot wrote:
I thought I should probable say what I have tried:
rom8x: Everything went smoothly until I tried to run the code too actually create the .rom file. When I did that, nothing happened. I am not entirely sure the code was perfect, however, but I did try several times and checked it.
TiLP: I have not been able to successfully download and install the application on my computer.
Any help with either of these or a different method would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the files that you uploaded from your calculator, maybe you could take those files and compile them into a .rom on a device that os working, like a windows computer.
Caleb_Hill wrote:
If you have the files that you uploaded from your calculator, maybe you could take those files and compile them into a .rom on a device that os working, like a windows computer.

I have the files, but I don't have a windows computer or access to one unfortunately.
Quote:

Did you use the usual https://ti-pla.net/tilpinst script , which contains detailed instructions for 6 Linux distro families and MacOS X ? It is known to work for at least Adriweb Smile
I don't have any of the things it says are required and don't know how to get them either. I think I may just have to do without an emulator. It's not super important anyway.
Kydapoot wrote:
I don't have any of the things it says are required and don't know how to get them either. I think I may just have to do without an emulator. It's not super important anyway.

Here's a "TiLP on Mac" tutorial I made, step by step: https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17297&p=189670
Is says I have to be an administrator on my computer after the second set of code and I'm not allowed to do that. Thanks anyway though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours