I do, but you can't install the usb driver without being admin. Serial = needs no driver. (This is all @school, mind you)
Doesn't the TalkTI SDK support all of the cables?

Oh and yes, I used the link on your site rivereye Smile
TalkTI? What be that?
It's an SDK on TI's website that is designed for programming link applications. Give me a minute, and I'll find a link...
Ugh, anything coded by TI tends to be bloated and inefficient. I'd be interested to see it though.
I know it's designed especially to be used with MSVC. But I don't use MSVC, so I haven't had too much of a chance to use it (well, I haven't had time to read the docs). Bah, I can't find the link...

**EDIT**

Aha! Found it! Well, the download link anyway. I can't find the link to the online docs though...oh well.

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/appsdelivery/download/download_eula.jsp?cid=us&displayMode=F&applicationid=6186&contentpaneid=28
Need admin to install. :/ I'll check it out when my tablet arrives.
JincS wrote:
I know it's designed especially to be used with MSVC. But I don't use MSVC, so I haven't had too much of a chance to use it (well, I haven't had time to read the docs). Bah, I can't find the link...

**EDIT**

Aha! Found it! Well, the download link anyway. I can't find the link to the online docs though...oh well.

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/appsdelivery/download/download_eula.jsp?cid=us&displayMode=F&applicationid=6186&contentpaneid=28

just glancing through the docs, and well...it sucks

first problem is that it isn't multiplatform (eg, no Linux and Mac support)

second, it doesn't support EITHER the silverlink OR direct USB cable

It is very outdated, and has pitiful (at best) docs
Shock I guess I should have taken the time to read the docs...Oh well.
KermMartian wrote:
el oh el. How would I got about that?
*snip*

I dunno, just use the same stuff you use at SourceForge. It's so multiple can work on the same body of code without total chaos.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
I dunno, just use the same stuff you use at SourceForge. It's so multiple can work on the same body of code without total chaos.

a CVS isn't really needed yet...(not sure it will be needed at all, really)
What are the advantages/disadvantages of CVS?
Some that i can think of off the top of my head:

Advantages:
*Anyone can upload nightly builds->beta updates, etc.
*Good way to get lots of semi/working updates/releases

Disadvantages:
*Lots of extra crap added to uploads
*Not everything has to be stable/working to uploaded
Hmm, I assume we're talking about gCn, not DCS itself, right?
KermMartian wrote:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of CVS?

a CVS is basically used to synchronise development. Anyone can DOWNLOAD from CVS, but only developers/authors are allowed to upload. Rather than zipping it up and uploading one file to FTP like we are now, instead CVS stores the folder structure as it would be on comp. The developer then runs one command to sync his copy with the webs, make changes to a file or whatever, then sync the webs copy with his.

It is particularly useful when there are numerous authors over a large program. For gCn, there really isn't much of a use for one, and would create unnecessary hassles, as CVS also requires a program on the users comp to use it
aha, that makes perfect sense. So I shall not make one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours