patl411 wrote:
ya drivers... I have a car but no license or permit.. as long as I get permit b4 4\11.. I can get my license on like 7\11

off topic but important need to kno... I gotta friend with sumthin called FEAD_error.rar... it opens tons of <font color=red>censored</font> and freezes his comp... I think its a new virus.. norton to pick it up and it dont hit on google

.rar is a compressed file format like .zip, but it could be a bat or exe in disguise. Sounds like a virus to me.
does it come up in a text editor like notepad?

if so, you need to install a proggy that can read .RAR files - such as WinRAR from rarlabs.com
@pat: I think you should just wait until you're 18 then; no use going to get a permit if your parents aren't available to be in the car with you to drive :p
Kllrnohj wrote:
does it come up in a text editor like notepad?

if so, you need to install a proggy that can read .RAR files - such as WinRAR from rarlabs.com

On that subject, WinRAR is useful for XP anyway, since it can also up gzip, bz, etc.
7zip is better. Better .zip and .rar compression and .7z is about as good as it gets.
it was a virus.. he deleted it and no problems..yet

btw winrar.. the full version pwns
kirb wrote:
7zip is better. Better .zip and .rar compression and .7z is about as good as it gets.

Ah yes, I like 7zip as well.
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
I got my DSLR and lenses stolen 14 days ago, total retail value $1900. They were recovered, however. Smile

How did that happen? Awesomely lucky...

I'm not exactly sure on that point, I didn't ask the cop too many questions that I probably didn't want to know the answers to, especially since recovery was the primary objective.
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
I got my DSLR and lenses stolen 14 days ago, total retail value $1900. They were recovered, however. Smile

How did that happen? Awesomely lucky...

I'm not exactly sure on that point, I didn't ask the cop too many questions that I probably didn't want to know the answers to, especially since recovery was the primary objective.

Yeah, definitely. So I assume you didn't press charges.
This is sort of on topic. Wouldn't a good password protection help discourage would-be thieves? I remember yesterday a couple of my classmates took my calc just for fun, and I let em play with it because I turned the calc off in Mirage and if they don't get the password right, the calc turns on. But apparently they worked around it by pulling the darned batteries out. I installed Omnicalc fonts to try to confuse them but I don't think that will work. Oh well at least password protection will foil some thieves if they aren't too smart. At least we all learned to watch our things more carefully.
something1990 wrote:
This is sort of on topic. Wouldn't a good password protection help discourage would-be thieves? I remember yesterday a couple of my classmates took my calc just for fun, and I let em play with it because I turned the calc off in Mirage and if they don't get the password right, the calc turns on. But apparently they worked around it by pulling the darned batteries out. I installed Omnicalc fonts to try to confuse them but I don't think that will work. Oh well at least password protection will foil some thieves if they aren't too smart. At least we all learned to watch our things more carefully.

>Krolypto: http://www.detachedsolutions.com/features/
Yeah, krolypto locks everyone out. Sometimes including you if you don't read the readme. Wink
Heh, that's [insert deity]'s way of saying, 'if you don't know how to use this, you don't deserve to." Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours