Special thanks go to
AliceIsDead, because of making awesome textures and animations for the game.
soelchf from CodeWalr.us, for donating the Google Play registration fee.
DJ Omnimaga, for donating some of his music for our project.
CKH4 from CodeWalr.us, for testing the app.

Technical
We are using libgdx, IntelliJ Idea and a Motorola Moto G2 for debugging.

Progress
NAN (don't have time to write anything now)

Availability
The game will be available for from my homepage and from Google Play.

Price
The game will be free. Maybe there will be some ads some day, but nothing is planned by now.

Levels
Theoretically users could make levels by their own and share the via bluetooth and stuff, but not right now.
There will be levelpacks embedded.

Scoreboard
I guess I will connect it to Google Play's stats service.

Screenshot

Betatesting download
Download it here.

Keep checking out this thread, as it will keep you updated.
It's great to see a community member exploring Android programming after (hopefully while still continuing to!) work with calculator programming. What inspired you to make a smartphone port of this game? I'm afraid I don't remember if the original TwoStep game you made was an original concept; can you post a small blurb in this thread explaining the game and what the object of the game is for people not familiar with it?
KermMartian wrote:
It's great to see a community member exploring Android programming after (hopefully while still continuing to!) work with calculator programming. What inspired you to make a smartphone port of this game? I'm afraid I don't remember if the original TwoStep game you made was an original concept; can you post a small blurb in this thread explaining the game and what the object of the game is for people not familiar with it?

We will continue with the calculator version, as soon, as the app is kind of working. Then we will develop both of them simoultanously (probably we will resume development tomorrow (23.02.15) as school is starting again and there's nothing better to do at school Razz

The inspiration of the smartphone game came to us, when we and others that played it, found how addictive the game actually is, and we thought that nobody will use a calculator in the bus for playing our game, so the best solution was to make an android port of it.
And maybe for some fame on Google Play too Razz
The andorid version will be in color with animations, but the levels and the principle of the game will be the same + online global high score tables instead of local ones.

Yes the game's concept was an original idea from soelchf and myself, we never saw somthing similar to this before and the idea came to soelchf while we were in school. He edited fonts with the zstart font editor and liked to use the cursor and the wrapping, to play games in the editor. So we decided to make a game out of it and started developing the calculator version, during weeks at school, at home and pretty much everytime we met.

I will write the concept down here soon, but now i've to learn some physics for the classtest tomorrow.
Ah, thank you for explaining all of that, Muessigb. I'm quite sad and surprised to hear that people would be more inclined to play a smartphone game on the bus than a calculator; back in my day, people weren't really allowed to use cell phones at school, so graphing calculators were the gaming platform of choice. It's sad to hear that that's no longer the case. I do hope that the Android version is successful, both with your friends and with the general public.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, thank you for explaining all of that, Muessigb. I'm quite sad and surprised to hear that people would be more inclined to play a smartphone game on the bus than a calculator; back in my day, people weren't really allowed to use cell phones at school, so graphing calculators were the gaming platform of choice. It's sad to hear that that's no longer the case. I do hope that the Android version is successful, both with your friends and with the general public.

Oh, we are still not allowed to use smartphones in school and it is punished hard, but its uncool to play the game on a calculator in the bus or while in town. At school the calculator is (apart from the few "smart" students that "trade skins", play games or listen to music during the lessons and wose parents don't care driving 30mins to school to get their son's smartphone back every week) the only digital media, so it's if rarely anybody wants to play, the media of choice.

But its still more cool to program it than to play on it (atleast for me and soelchf). And I can't even program oficially during lessons (i need to cover it, or do it under the desk), because the teachers know what we're doing and keep an eye on us Bad Idea
Very nice! I think mobile development could be seen as a natural progression from calcs. I've dabbled myself but I primarily interested in calcs of course Smile.

Ive use dlibgdx in the past and it's pretty nice. I might be able to help if you decide to go with the googple services integration down the line.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Very nice! I think mobile development could be seen as a natural progression from calcs. I've dabbled myself but I primarily interested in calcs of course Smile.

Ive use dlibgdx in the past and it's pretty nice. I might be able to help if you decide to go with the googple services integration down the line.

Thanks, I'm happy to be able to ask somebody when my whole code collapses and stops working Smile

No, but seriously, my biggest problem right now, is that the resources can't be shared between android and desktop project.
Quote:
No, but seriously, my biggest problem right now, is that the resources can't be shared between android and desktop project.

This problem is solved since quite some time.
My current problem is the brainf*cking Y-Up coordinate system, and my Y-Down Maps.
So, this project is cancelled, just that you all know.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours