No this isn't about the game, this is about the books.

There are three books, "The Fall of Reach", "The Flood", and "The First Strike".

If you have ever played Halo on your pc or X-Box, then you probably wondered "Why am I starting out in a Freezer? Who are we running from and why? Why do they hate our guts? How bad is this war? Why is the character refered to as 'The Master Chief"? Are there any others like this character?"

Book one begins by explaining who the Covenant are, and why they keep attacking us. It also shows us how the SPARTAN program got started, who started it, and gives more life to the "Master Chief" than the game did. You learn of the struggle with the Covenant, and how close the human existance is to extinction.

Book two is basically the game, which explains how the Master Chief gets around, how he feels about the situations, etc.

Book three explains the events between Halo and Halo 2. This also shows how Sergeant Johnson survives Halo, and the struggle to get back to Earth, to warn them of the impending threat.

Overall a great series of books, which helps put you in a different perspective than the game. If you are a fan of Halo, this is definitely worth a read. Smile
Ive played Halo maybe 5 times, but its a great game. The homebrew movies are fun too....

Ill check these out. My friend has the first one.
Wait, A Reply! *falls out of chair* Laughing

Me and my bro played and beat both Halo and Halo 2 on Legendary. Quite the pain to do... Trying to do by ones self is almost impossible...

The books also show some stuff going on with the covenant as well, so it is still a pretty good read...
why so surprised?
Cause it has been posted for quite a while now, I was thinking no one here had any interest at all in Halo... Smile
I couldn't think of anything intelligent to post in reply, so I didn't.
I put a topic here for KH2 a few months ago, and it's no longer here Laughing
Confused It wasn't removed by me...
...Then, who took it...ph43r
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Me and my bro played and beat both Halo and Halo 2 on Legendary. Quite the pain to do... Trying to do by ones self is almost impossible...

I've done it before...now Heroic is a walk in the park...

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Maybe the crash of the forum?
kirb wrote:
TI-Freak8x wrote:

I've done it before...now Heroic is a walk in the park...

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Maybe the crash of the forum?

That's what I would guess, too.
I have only Played Halo twice in my life, but I love the Red vs Blue videos
I've played Halo a couple of times at friends' houses, and the game's good, but I just don't see how it became an internationally acclaimed game.
rivereye wrote:
I have only Played Halo twice in my life, but I love the Red vs Blue videos

I do as well, I have seasons 1-3 on dvd, and am currently waiting on season 4 to be finished. Smile

[quote="Ultimate Dev'r]I've played Halo a couple of times at friends' houses, and the game's good, but I just don't see how it became an internationally acclaimed game.[/quote]

Honestly, I dunno. I like to play the game, cause it takes quite a while to beat, and in some parts (depending on difficulty) it takes some strategy to beat.

My cousin is currently at college, and the college has a server set up specifically for halo2 multiplayer...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours