COOOOKIIEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I started working on cookie clicker for the nspire, and here is the for the nspire. Right now it has 9 producers of cookies, including a walrus(in honor of codewarlus). It also supports upgrades for each tower and clicking(although I need to balance it a bit still).

Currently the help and settings menu don't do anything, and only game does anything. I may end up removing the settings menu, as I do not see any real use for it.

Controls: use arrow keys to scroll through menu and press enter to go into one of the parts. In the game click on the cookie or the producers to get buy or get extra cookies. Use left and right keys to scroll between the different producers of cookies.
Press 'u' to upgrade producers/mouse. Again click on what you want to upgrade and use arrow keys to scroll.

The images are taken from the actually cookie clicker images, and the background is just a random cool background I found online that I included in my files just to show that my code supports backgrounds. I hope to replace it with something else soon.

Glitches and Planned stuff
First off, what do you think about me adding a potato. I am planning it to be right under walrus or even above it. Also I need to make everything more expensive, as it takes me about 30 mins to get even the walrus.

Here is the list of glitches I know about:

1. Font size:
Despite me setting the font size to 7, which is one of the values the ti nspire supposedly support, the font size stays default. This is really annoying because stuff has to be scrunched too far together and it often goes off screen.

2. Vars not saving properly:
This is probably my bad coding, but anyways, sometimes when you upgrade clicking it resets you clicking power to 0 and the cost to 3.

3. Sometimes happens, but recently I can't replicate it, despite not having changed my code concerning this as far as I remember. When you open the game again without closing it fully(like when you open another file), the game doesn't work at all. You have to open something else to make the game work again.

Here is a animated gif of my game(which is old and has a glitch that I fixed):
Quote:
First off, what do you think about me adding a potato. I am planning it to be right under walrus or even above it. Also I need to make everything more expensive, as it takes me about 30 mins to get even the walrus.
I'm not sure I see how either walruses or potatoes would produce cookies. I get factories, farms, and grandmothers (although cursors are a bit of a stretch). If I was designing the game, I'd omit those two producers, but I'm not. Smile
Quote:
The images are taken from the actually cookie clicker images, and the background is just a random cool background I found online that I included in my files just to show that my code supports backgrounds. I hope to replace it with something else soon.
I see some inconsistencies: the icons you took from Cookie Clicker have the gray button-like background, while the ones you added do not. I'd recommend standarizing on either them all having the gray background, or none of them.
I know I haven't posted here for a while, but I just wanted to note that I finished the game.

KermMartian wrote:
I'm not sure I see how either walruses or potatoes would produce cookies. I get factories, farms, and grandmothers (although cursors are a bit of a stretch). If I was designing the game, I'd omit those two producers, but I'm not. :)

Well, I added them in the final game just for fun, as cookie clicker was never that serious about making cookie(after all:grandmacalypse).

Quote:
I see some inconsistencies: the icons you took from Cookie Clicker have the gray button-like background, while the ones you added do not. I'd recommend standarizing on either them all having the gray background, or none of them.

Well, I know that they have that background, and I spent about 2 minutes trying to remove it nicely, but didn't succeed, so I just decided to keep them as is. I don't think it impacts the gameplay(or lack of) too much though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours