Dear all

This weekend I was trying to use ArTICL the TI Link Protocol library for the Arduino for linking an Arduino UNO board with my TI-89 Titanium. Unfortunately it was not working. As far as I see, there isn't yet defined a namespace
Code:
VarTypes89 { enum VarTypes89 { ... } ... }
representing the TI-89 (and the Titanium and Voyage 200) in CBL2.h. What do I have to do to be able using an TI-89 (and Titanium and Voyage 200) with the ArTICL library? Thanks for any hint or information.

Best regards,
Lorenz
You're correct: ArTICL doesn't have fully-functional TI-89 variable manipulation and conversation protocol implemented. If you check TIVar.cpp, you'll see that the TI-89 variable conversions are labelled TODO. If you have the know-how, the TI File Format and Link Protocol Guide provides the information that would be necessary for implementing the missing pieces. Otherwise, I would have to ask you to be patient until I or others in the community have the time to implement them.
Thank's for the notice. So I'm going to go bolts and nuts. Are there other things to be aware of, e.g. additional enumerations or other parts of code that need to be expanded?
The missing components are:
  1. Proper use of TI-89-style converations for Get and Send in CBL2.cpp
  2. The enumerations that you discovered
  3. Variable type conversion in TIVar.cpp
I'll let CVSoft elaborate further about point (1).
Although the Linkguide should be mostly correct for TI-68k files and protocols, the https://github.com/debrouxl/tilibs implementation is what you need to reach the highest accuracy.
The most relevant files are libtifiles/trunk/src/files9x.c, libtifiles/trunk/src/types89t.h, libtifiles/trunk/src/types68k.c , libticalcs/trunk/src/calc_89.c , libticalcs/trunk/src/cmd68k.c , libticalcs/trunk/src/dbus_pkt.c.
Thanks to both of you. I will I try to delve into the sources during the coming holidays over Christmas. There is still a open point for me after reading the post from Lionel. Do I have to work on the tilibs or are those libs to be seen as a source for information? Till now I thought all the necessary sources for ArTICL are included in its own package.
LrnzBrn wrote:
Thanks to both of you. I will I try to delve into the sources during the coming holidays over Christmas. There is still a open point for me after reading the post from Lionel. Do I have to work on the tilibs or are those libs to be seen as a source for information? Till now I thought all the necessary sources for ArTICL are included in its own package.
Lionel is suggest the tilibs source code as a reference implementation; ArTICL is indeed self-contained. Do continue to post questions (and of course PR the ArTICL repo) as you go!
Dear all. I'm still working on the TI-89 integration into ArTICL. I made some basic investigation with my TI-84 Plus which I bougt secondhand for testing. Moreover I could buy a CBL 2 here in Switzerland for additional reverse engineering tasks. Wink

I was testing the ControlLED-Sketch and tried it out. Everything seems to work. I can send a value with the Send({<value>}) command in a small program. But I have found that sending 13 as value is not working. The received value after the command line below

Code:
int value = (int)TIVar::realToFloat8x(&data[2], model);

is 12 and not 13. I realized that every value from 0 to 12, 14 and 15 is correctly received on the Arduino side (in the sketch) but not 13! Does somebody has any idea what the reason could be for this behavior?

Thanks Lorenz
Ironic that this should come up two times in the space of two days. Smile Please try switching the realToFloat8x() calls to realToLong8x, and I'll also update the repo accordingly (or you're welcome to PR my repo).
Thanks Kerm. The function realToLong8x() is not included in my TIVar.cpp sources. Is there a newer ArTICL-Library (ArTICL-master.zip) for the Arduino IDE available?
Yes, it's updated regularly on GitHub. Click the "Download ZIP" link at https://www.github.com/KermMartian/ArTICL .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours