Here's a pretty cool somewhat hard to find ti83II model. Similar to the ti83+ but still marketed as a ti83 before the switch was made. Interesting to know is with the RF shielding that it's marked with TI73. pretty cool.

hope y'all enjoy!
For comparison, a first-month TI-73:

That 'TI-73' stamp on the RF shield is mildly interesting. More interesting is that Z180 in place of the ASIC, this seems to be typical with hardware revision 'O' and BrandonW has one too.

[EDIT] Do you see any of these features on the rear housing?
I have a few other ti83II models i can see what sort of revision they have. Are there any other pictures you'd like? Sorry my pictures aren't great it's dark out and direct light just makes the pcb's reflect.
If you have any 'O' not produced in 0399 (the later the better) or 'N' from 0399, can you check one of each of those? If the hardware is identical, you don't need pictures since we already know what it looks like Razz.
Well I'm not sure if you have seen these yet. This is a later model ti73. The same as the ti83+ Revision K models which have a significantly different display from the other models. Also note there is no RF shielding on these models. only the sticker to cover the battery area seen in white.

How about this one? Should i open it up for some boudoir photo shots?

Absolutely! What model is that?
This is a ti73 ES. I was pretty confused at first looking at this red thing sticking out in the Backup battery cover upon further inspection looks like some kind of test probe? Also note the way the Rf shielding is cut. and this is a busy busy PCB

You can see some added components above the ASIC, where the wire is coming out. It also looks like there was some work done on component C56. An unlabeled jumper next to U13 is connected on the prototype. R11 has a different value.
https://tiplanet.org/forum/gallery/album.php?album_id=108 has pictures, taken by critor, of the 73 VSC prototype I picked up from Romain LiƩvin. Himself picked it up directly from TI, and is anyway confirmed by both the enclosure (sticker but othewise complete lack of text on the back) and the PCB mod.
Heres a late model ti83. Has a really interesting configuration compared to the rest of the ti83, and TI calculators in general with the side mounted I/O port. Also interesting to note is the lcd which is similar in mounting style to the ti83+ SE and the ti84 models. As well as the keys being fitted into the rubber pad which is similar to the ti84's.

Some insight on this calculator would be great!
We call this the Parcus design, and it is widely reviled. As you correctly guessed from the LCD design, it's contemporary with the TI-84 Plus family. It's also interesting to note that the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition has a TI-84 Plus-style LCD, but attached to a TI-83 Plus-style LCD PCB, and therefore is a clear evolutionary step from the 83+ to 84+ series.
KermMartian wrote:
We call this the Parcus design, and it is widely reviled

May I ask why? I remember thinking the side position of the link port was pretty handy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours