So I decided that since I am learning ASM I might as well make this topic.

So first things first, when I was trying to assemble the hello world program in the ' Learn TI-83 Plus Assembly In 28 Days' guide with SPASM, I come across an error.

I get the following errors:
Quote:

first.z80:8: error SE113: Unknown opcode 'b_call'
first.z80:13: error SE113: Unknown opcode 'b_call'
first.z80:14: error SE113: Unknown opcode 'b_call'

I have tested it in an emulator (tilem2), and it doesn't exactly work. it just puts DONE at the end of the first line Neutral
Per ti83plus.inc:
Code:
;Banked Call Equates/Macros
;-----------------------------------------------
rBR_CALL      equ 28h
BRT_JUMP0      equ 50h
#define bcall(xxxx) rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define bjump(xxxx) call 50h \ .dw xxxx
So replace b_call foo with bcall(foo).
Alright...I kinda feel like an idiot now. However I'll keep that in mind. It seems to assemble properly.

Now when I try to use BinPac8x, it seems to not exactly work. It seems to work...up until I actually run it on tilem2...which results in it displaying ERR:INVALID. I ran it through SourceCoder3 which gave me:
Quote:

Error: Unable to load first.8xp. Are you sure it's a valid file type?
More Information: FIRST: Detokenization process failed at ...0x63, 0x6c, ...Prevous context was: CubicReg >=!=>FloatFix Horiz^^rseq(Float>=(backtrack was [99,108])

So I have no idea what to do Neutral
Don't use BinPac8x. Use spasm or brass, which automatically assemble and convert the assembly files for you. Also, SourceCoder will not be able to interpert assembly programs, as it was origianly created for Basic program editing. However, it now supports assembling assembly code, but it is basically just using spasm. Hope this helps! Smile
Alright. I am actually using SPASM, but I then use BinPac8x to convert the .bin file to the appropriate format (so for Ti-83+, it's .8xp) to use on the calculator.
No, you can just run spasm to convert the file to an 8xp as well. Just use

"spasm INPUTFILE.asm OUTPUTFILE.8xp"

Spasm automatically recognizes file extension types.
Alright. Thanks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours