Cross posted from omnimaga(original)
Download here

Ages ago, when i got my first calc in algebra, i made a game (and missed many lessons on quadratic equations, (but then again i can just make a program to solve those things for me Razz) ). It was a laser simulater/puzzle game written in pure basic. When i got my own calc a few months ago, as i had been inactive for more then half a year, i decided to polish up the old game and start making a new version in axe. The game was previously only available on ticalc.org . Link: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/459/45934.html
The ticalc entry has more screenshots plus a readme, and i will quote the readme here:

Code:

A fun game-position  mirrors to bounce a laser(s) and hit the target(s). current version (v 0_45) includes emitters, detectors, mirrors ,walls , and portals!!!
HOW TO PLAY:
1) use keypad and [enter] to select play.
2) use keypad and [enter] to select the level.
3) now finaly you can actualy play!!
4) here are the controls:
   keypad-move
   [enter]-shoot
   [clear]-rotate mirror
   [2nd]-retry/reset level
   [alpha]-level selection
 ___  ___  ________  ___      ___ _______           ________ ___  ___  ________   ___  ___  ___       
|\  \|\  \|\   __  \|\  \    /  /|\  ___ \         |\  _____\\  \|\  \|\   ___  \|\  \|\  \|\  \     
\ \  \\\  \ \  \|\  \ \  \  /  / | \   __/|        \ \  \__/\ \  \\\  \ \  \\ \  \ \  \ \  \ \  \     
 \ \   __  \ \   __  \ \  \/  / / \ \  \_|/__       \ \   __\\ \  \\\  \ \  \\ \  \ \  \ \  \ \  \   
  \ \  \ \  \ \  \ \  \ \    / /   \ \  \_|\ \       \ \  \_| \ \  \\\  \ \  \\ \  \ \__\ \__\ \__\   
   \ \__\ \__\ \__\ \__\ \__/ /     \ \_______\       \ \__\   \ \_______\ \__\\ \__\|__|\|__|\|__|   
    \|__|\|__|\|__|\|__|\|__|/       \|_______|        \|__|    \|_______|\|__| \|__|   ___  ___  ___
                                                                                       |\__\|\__\|\__\
                                                                                       \|__|\|__|\|__|

screenshot: (more screenshots at link)

Once again, this is an old game made by me only now brought to omnimaga(and now Cemetech and cw)! Laughing
I plan to push one more update to this beast, optimizing a few things and fixing some stuff preventing it from working on certain old OSs (the non ti84+ OSs) although the game badly needs an internal rewrite, I will not spend the time working on one. Instead, I am working on lazer 2, which is now in axe and features greyscale. AORN, this is the only source of lazer 2.
Sound awesome! Is the idea of the game kind of the same as PT_'s Lasergame Cse?
Unicorn wrote:
Sound awesome! Is the idea of the game kind of the same as PT_'s Lasergame Cse?

The idea is exactly the same except this version is older and has more stuff Rolling Eyes
Awesome! So I assume the new version will have a faster gameplay, as well as some other new add-ons? Is there a list of objects you have?
This reminds me of the Laser Mayhem that I used to have on my TI-86: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/100/10002.html
Indeed, I mentioned Laser Mayhem in PT_'s thread, because the concept shares a lot in common with that game. Best of luck revamping your game, c4ooo, and I hope that you'll keep us posted. In the meantime, would you mind also uploading this version to the Cemetech Archives? Smile
Unicorn wrote:
Awesome! So I assume the new version will have a faster gameplay, as well as some other new add-ons? Is there a list of objects you have?

Check out the link I posted for lazer 2 Wink (last link in the OP)
The currently implemented new features in the remake are:
1) faster due to axe;
2) better graphics including greyscale (thanks runer112!);
3) new tiles like gates and switches.

Ivoah wrote:
This reminds me of the Laser Mayhem that I used to have on my TI-86: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/100/10002.html

Laser Mayhem does fall into the same laser-puzzle category, but the two games should have slightly diferent feals/level design due to different tile sets.

KermMartian wrote:
Indeed, I mentioned Laser Mayhem in PT_'s thread, because the concept shares a lot in common with that game. Best of luck revamping your game, c4ooo, and I hope that you'll keep us posted. In the meantime, would you mind also uploading this version to the Cemetech Archives? Smile

Thanks Kerm! unfortunately I probably won't upload it to your archives becouse I currently don't have access to a PC, just a tablet :/ Further more I would like to use a "third-party" as to not show bias to a perticular forum. But don't worry, ile do it eventually Smile
Yes i know this is a double post, but i have updated the game. New Features include:

Code:

v1.1:   
   +New key mappings (forgot to mention in README)
   +Optimization
   +5 levels
   +New Menus
   +Lazer now moves one tile (9pxls) at a time.
   +lazer 2 advert :P

Thanks you for the support, download here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/459/45934.html
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Here are some images from the new update:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours