I am new to adding programs to my Ti 84 plus. I was curious as to what kind of equation solving apps would be best for a college algebra class. I am open to trying a new OS on the calculator if it will broaden my horizons. I am looking for something kinda like the online mathway app if at all possible . Thank you
Well there is the solver thing in the MATH menu if you've got any remotely new OS on there... you just enter both sides of the equation and it barfs out the answer, but it can't do inequations, for that, I recommend just using the graph screen and finding intersection points and working out the solutions, that's what I do... It's probably not the best tool, but it does the job fine most of the time...
Welcome to Cemetech, mrplow! As mr womp womp said, you have a few options available to you:
  • On the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus, there's a solver at the bottom of the [MATH] menu that can solve equations of the form f(x)=g(x) (or 0=f(x)-g(x), on the monochrome calculators).
  • You can graph your equation(s) and use the tools in the Calc menu ([2nd][TRACE]) to look for zeroes, roots, and so on.
If I might be so bold as to recommend it, my second book, "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", has a lot of helpful step-by-step explanations of these and other techniques.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours