Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
News Item #213 wrote:

After several weeks of inching ever closer, Kerm Martian has finally gained the number 14 spot on ticalc.org's top downloaded authors of all time list. He passed the previous occupant of the spot, Nick Johnston, who now trails two hundred downloads behind Kerm's 463,426. Since joining ticalc.org in late March 2001, a little less than five years ago, Kerm has published 286 statistics-accruing files and programs at ticalc.org, and built up a website and community forum reaching towards three hundred users and thirty-five thousand posts. The next spot on the top downloads list will come at about 530,000 downloads, so it might take a while to get there.

Congratulations! Smile
It's weird, I always post in the third person in those articles. Dunno why. Smile
who knows, I a lot of times refer to work on my website as if multiple people did it when I was really the only one who did.
I think it's because I don't want to sound like I'm boasting in these. Smile
...or you could just be a little "eccentric." Momma always said don't play around wit them new-fangled computer things...
[holds left pinkie to mouth] Riiiiiiight.
rivereye wrote:
who knows, I a lot of times refer to work on my website as if multiple people did it when I was really the only one who did.



i do too...makes it seem like you are a "group" and not a lone programmer Smile
ROFL, exactly.
KermMartian wrote:
ROFL, exactly.


idk i love to work alone... im not a group kid, if u see me in school im not following ppl (but i got a few dumbass's who follow me)

when i do my little tbm (blockland) code i do it alone, i guess im used to it because i grew up teaching my self html/php/......
That's why I'm always cautious about working on projects with other people. It worked out badly with Doors XP v1.0, and it worked out less than wonderfully for SourceCoder.
Thermoman wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
ROFL, exactly.


idk I love to work alone... im not a group kid, if u see me in school im not following ppl (but I got a few dumbass's who follow me)

when I do my little tbm (blockland) code I do it alone, I guess im used to it because I grew up teaching my self html/php/......

Hehe poor kids. Your argument about teaching yourself HTML and the other things isn't too strong though. I'm preety sure they don't teach HTML in computer class.
I've taught myself 21 preogramming languages...does that count? Very Happy
Wow. I don't think I'll learn that many languages, but who knows, maybe I'll wake up one day and realize, "Whoa! I know 21 programming languages!" Did you just learn them for the sake of learning?
I learned them because I use most of them.
Cool. Can you give me a list of languages you know?
Programming:
>PHP
>MySQL
>C
>C#
>C++
>Perl/CGI
>TorqueScript
>Javascript
>Java (partial)
>Python (partial)
>TI-BASIC [73,82,83/+/SE/84+/SE,86,89/92/+/v200)
>z80 ASM
>x86 (intel) ASM
>Logo
>QBASIC
>DOS Batch
>*Nix SH
>LISP (partial)

Markup:
>XML
>XHTML
>DHTML
>HTML
>TIML
>AIML

Spoken/Written:
>English
>French
>Latin

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, I usually do.
KermMartian wrote:
>*Nix Batch


I'm assuming you mean SH, since there is no *nix batch Laughing Rolling Eyes

isn't MySQL more an API than a language?

lemme see, the programming languages i know...

Python
C/C++
SH
VB 6.0
TI-Basic

Those are the ones i know that i like really KNOW, and can just start programming w/ em without needing a reference or anything like that
I did mean SH, sorry. Smile
MySQL / SQL actually is a language all of its own (technically), but I suppose it might go under Markup.
KermMartian wrote:
Programming:
>PHP
>MySQL
>C
>C#
>C++
>Perl/CGI
>TorqueScript
>Javascript
>Java (partial)
>Python (partial)
>TI-BASIC [73,82,83/+/SE/84+/SE,86,89/92/+/v200)
>z80 ASM
>x86 (intel) ASM
>Logo
>QBASIC
>DOS Batch
>*Nix SH
>LISP (partial)

Markup:
>XML
>XHTML
>DHTML
>HTML
>TIML
>AIML

Spoken/Written:
>English
>French
>Latin

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, I usually do.

I guess these are all the languages I should learn then.
I don't think TIML counts. Wink
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement