Kerm, whats up with this site? its taking even longer and longer to load, and this is just rediculous:

Quote:
Page Execution Time: 26.823509 seconds.

Quote:
Page Execution Time: 5.631246 seconds.

Quote:
Page Execution Time: 11.617674 seconds.

i think its about time you remake this site....(or do some extreme optimizing) - or finally switch web hosts to somewhere decent....
Are those times from the Page Execution Time number on the bottom of the page, or from your own timer? Because I have dial-up and this is what the page says:

Quote:

Page Execution Time: 0.344349 seconds.

If it was from your own timer, then I also get around 11 seconds. But the bottom of the page rarely gives me more than a second.
it was from the bottom of the page (the "your own timer" would include the actual transfer of objects, such as pictures, and that is also slow at this server)

i get those times about 1 in 5, the 26 second one was from when i went to my profile - however, it does seem to vary. I'll either get a bunch of 5sec+ times, or a bunch of less than 1 second times. Kerm desperately needs a better webserver Laughing
Well my average "Page Execution Time" is around 1 and a half seconds. My average actual time is around 10 seconds. Does anyone else have this problem?
something1990 wrote:
Well my average "Page Execution Time" is around 1 and a half seconds. My average actual time is around 10 seconds. Does anyone else have this problem?

the Page Execution Time is how long it took the server to generate the page. Your actual time is how long it takes to download all the data. The reason it is so slow for you is becuase you are on slow as dirt dial-up. (speaking of which, how long does it take for you to load my new site? http://kllrnohj.com/calc/ )

However, i'm on DSL (1.5mbit) and it still takes me around 3 to 4 seconds to load the page (on top of the page execution time) - which is really just embarising. Oh, and just now it hit 10 seconds for page execution time again.
Kllrnohj wrote:

speaking of which, how long does it take for you to load my new site? http://kllrnohj.com/calc/

Very Happy It looks like competition to Cemetech Very Happy It took me about 15 seconds.
Killrnohj's site gives .783s with FasterFox timer and an empty cache and .403s with cache. Cemetech's homepage gives14.750s with a cleared cache and 14.188s with cache.
It really is slow, even for having lots of images. either your server sucks, or your phpbb is way out of date

you should use easymod and upgrade to version 2.0.19 with the manual upgrades....easymod speeds it up from an hour and a half to 15 minutes.
elfprince13 wrote:
It really is slow, even for having lots of images. either your server sucks, or your phpbb is way out of date

i still say the server sucks. It never did go fast
The problem is the server, not the site. I have the latest phpBB release now (2.19), and executing from a locally-host machine, the pages do indeed load within a few milliseconds of that 0.1000s execution time. Need...new...host. When my contract expires, or perhaps a bit sooner, I'm thinking either:
1. 1and1 <--better known
2. 818hosting <--better package
i strongly, strongly recommend www.surpasshosting.com

do NOT go with 1&1!!! their control panel sucks!!!!! changes take almost a day to go into effect, w/ surpass its practically instant (same, i've heard, with godaddy). I'm not the only person who disliked 1&1 either, one of the clans i was in switched from 1&1 to godaddy because they were getting fed up with 1&1

i have the OC5 plan ( http://www.surpasshosting.com/ocplans.php ) - 5gb space, 100gb/month bandwidth, unmetered MySQL/e-mail accounts, perl, cgi, PHP, the works for $59/year. Its great, and the CPanel + Fantastico is too cool for mere words (plus, the support is amazing, i generally got a response to a question in 20-40 minutes via e-mail)
I couldn't even sign on to the site yesterday, with either FF or IE... Sad

http://s4.invisionfree.com/TIFreakware/index.php?showtopic=207&st=0&#last
don't go with GoDaddy, they have really terrible customer service.
I have GoDaddy for my domain, but their hosting packages suck. The current host I have has just about the same as Surpass, except with about half the storage/bandwidth and half the price. Hmmmm.
KermMartian wrote:
I have GoDaddy for my domain, but their hosting packages suck. The current host I have has just about the same as Surpass, except with about half the storage/bandwidth and half the price. Hmmmm.

but your current host obviously has crappy servers. Laughing

i'd be more than happy lending ya some space on mine (disk and SQL) if you wanna try it out

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours