Hey! I've been working on a port of Notch's Prelude of the Chambered game to Dart for a few days now, with great success! I'm almost done with my first goal: matching all features of the original. Once I've done that I want to refactor the code to be better and have less of the copy-paste abuse that results from a 48 hour game competition, and then maybe add some features to it like mouse control, volume settings, and an option of using a high-res viewport or low-res viewport. I might even be able to get it to work with chrome on android with a virtual touchpad, that might be neat.

EDIT:
Also I'm going to post the code once it's feature compatible with the original game if anyone's interested.

EDIT2:
I changed the map loading to use a pure dart PNG decoder instead of browser image decoder + canvas or webgl to get pixel data because the level loading wasn't working the same everywhere (probably due to them doing pre-multiplied alpha BS). Stupid browsers Razz

You can try it out here
http://potc.unknownloner.com/
Requires a WebGL and WebAudio capable browser!
It also might run smoother in chrome than firefox, your results may vary
Do let me know if you come across any bugs

Oh and here's a screenshot Smile

Nice Smile it kept me entertained for 15 minutes, and then I died Razz
Semi-large news!!!
It's now pretty much a perfect match of the original feature wise! I even got the crazy post-processing effects in.

URL changed so if you used t he old one use the new one.

Now I'm going organize the code, and then maybe add features.

Here's the code
https://github.com/unknownloner/potc-dart

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours