http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20141908-26041.html

This came across my newsfeed on facebook this morning, and I figured others here might find an interest in this game in development.

Basically, it generates 18 quintillion planets that you can go towards and explore. Supposedly, if you could find one a second, it would take you 5 billion years to search them all.

It's supposed to be for the PS4 and PC, and be released sometime in 2015
I guess that's pretty cool but this thing would be so addicting and people will spend their lives looking at planets. What's worse is that it's impossible to complete! The whole generation thing is cool but it would be totally fine to decrease the amount of planets by a few quintillion or so Razz
APotato wrote:
What's worse is that it's impossible to complete!

For a completionist, that's a really big issue. Luckily I like to enjoy games and don't go to much into side stories (for better or worse). I think it'd be awesome to come across planets others have found because I would feel more connected to other players but hopefully it won't be too hard to team up with friends have epic dog fights or explore.

I've been following this game since E3 and I am eagerly awaiting its release. There hasn't been much information leaked other than it's procedurally generated. Every planet, every tree, every blade of grass, every animal, etc. I look forward to the lack of load times. I hope it'll fill the hole Spore: Galactic Adventures left in me when I lost the disc.

I hope it'll support VR but there's no real indication that it will, yet, outside of experimentations by the developers with Oculus. I will have this game on release and if it supports VR will certainly justify my purchase of a VR HMD.

Sadly, I am not part of the "PC Master Race" (yet) and will be getting the game on PS4, along with Sonys Morpheus.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours