BUGS

Honestly, you've done great getting them, and I've not found any new ones. Smile Hopefully the others can attest to this as well.
Haha, thank you for posting up those Doors CSE bugs for me. I'll do my best to remove them. And I appreciate the vote of confidence; I'll probably just pressure a few of you to test out using Doors CSE 8.0, making some folders, and then upgrading to 8.1 to make sure my successes using that feature are replicable.

Edit: I succeeded in removing those bugs:
That's great news! A new version of DCSE, finally adding a mouse! Very Happy

Seriously, it looks nice, and I'm thrilled at app support. Hold on on releasing it and I'll test it rigorously.
CalebHansberry wrote:
That's great news! A new version of DCSE, finally adding a mouse! Very Happy

Seriously, it looks nice, and I'm thrilled at app support. Hold on on releasing it and I'll test it rigorously.
Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll be doing some more testing on my own tomorrow, and if I don't find anything new (and no one else does either), I'll likely release Release Candidate 2 tomorrow evening.
Any plans to incorporate CalcNet support down the line? I would expect most of that code should translate pretty readily to the color calc?
elfprince13 wrote:
Any plans to incorporate CalcNet support down the line? I would expect most of that code should translate pretty readily to the color calc?
Yes, porting it should be very easy, but because I don't have any immediate plans to bring over the programs that use CALCnet, like Chat! and Gossamer and Sandpaper, I haven't bothered to put CALCnet into Doors CSE yet. Perhaps 8.2 will focus on BASIC libraries, and include CALCnet with BASIC bindings plus the libraries to enable BASIC shells that tifreak8x has been patiently waiting for. Smile
The functions I want is for level sets, not basic shells :p Just wanting that out there.
tifreak8x wrote:
The functions I want is for level sets, not basic shells :p Just wanting that out there.
Oh yeah, I know your use case; I'm just calling them that because they would/will return a list of programs and/or AppVars. Smile I know you're not going to make a BASIC shell.

In other news, I've discovered that the MP Statistics wizards still contain junk variable data after both res statValid,(iy+statsflags) and _DelRes. I think the StatsVars definition in the include might be wrong.
The xLIBC demo appears to work as expected, which is good Smile.

Also I managed to change to name of an APP (standalone xLIB App) after running it, exiting back into DCSE and then showing the help dialog. The name changed from XLIB to "รน" or something similar.

The name of the app had not actually changed in the TIOS and after restarting DCSE all was back to normal and I was unable to replicate the issue.

I should note that I am doing a number of ASM experiments which could have contributed.
First thing that jumped out at me is apps are not visible. I have a few apps, a few programs, and one folder called "Games" when upgrading. Upon opening the Games folder I get this:
If you downloaded before he got it fixed..

The situation is that the main desktop is folder #1, anything you create is #2+ on the older DCSE. Now, Apps is folder #2, and I think there was a slight conflict before Kerm made an update, though I'm not sure the file itself has been updated yet, will have to wait on Kerm for that one.
CalebHansberry wrote:
First thing that jumped out at me is apps are not visible. I have a few apps, a few programs, and one folder called "Games" when upgrading. Upon opening the Games folder I get this:
tifreak8x wrote:
If you downloaded before he got it fixed..

The situation is that the main desktop is folder #1, anything you create is #2+ on the older DCSE. Now, Apps is folder #2, and I think there was a slight conflict before Kerm made an update, though I'm not sure the file itself has been updated yet, will have to wait on Kerm for that one.
This is indeed exactly the issue that I fixed during my commute yesterday, and I would greatly appreciate your help in testing that it is fixed. I have emailed you a new DCSE build, 1538. Please do the following:
- Delete your DCS8 and DCS8b AppVars
- Load the OLD DCSE (8.0.1) onto your calculator and run it, make sure that folder works properly.
- Load the NEW DCSE that I sent you, run it, and make sure all the folders are correct.
The Apps folder seems to work correctly, but aren't they supposed to have App icons, not Asm icons? Also I can no longer name folder using lowercase.
CalebHansberry wrote:
The Apps folder seems to work correctly, but aren't they supposed to have App icons, not Asm icons? Also I can no longer name folder using lowercase.
You have never been able to name Doors CSE folders with lowercase, although you could with Doors CS. It was much easier given the available space to just support uppercase. The icons are because I needed to make space for the RC warning message. Fear not, the final release will have the proper App icon.
Ah. Then I had no problems using it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours