Oh...tough decision: that or this

Interesting read: http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006
Ohh, that's cool! (The article)
I wouldn't mind a virtual keyboard, but I <3 the feedback from a good hardware kbd.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Holy crap! I would have never guessed... Surprised

Anyways (takin this back to a star trek look) The warp engines that the star ships use creates a large field around it, enabling it to slip into this other dimension (otherwise known as sub-space). It could be just a magnetic field, but maybe not. If they were to use the anti matter with a field generator like that (since anti-matter is high output energy) it would certainly do something... (You know, we could very well be looking at the star trek universe unfolding... Smile Oh that would be so cool... Very Happy Laughing )

I must keep an eye on this...
indeed, too bad they're saying 5+ years to a prototype even. Sad
Yeah... Here is something else:

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=6&id=125912006
Ohhh, cool. You want me to split this into a science topic of sorts in the General subforum?
You mean like this? Very Happy
Very good, Mr. Admin! Wink
So yeah, I would _love_ to see interstellar travel in our lifetimes... Surprised
Me too...

You know, there was an experiment with a naval battle ship that was using huge magnets, but when it was powered up, the ship disappeared for a long time. When it came back, people were half melted into decks, etc...
I can't believe you guys are just accepting this without questioning it at all. 11 light years in 80 days?! Hello!!! There's no way! They didn't even mention what "controversial theory" they were talking about. Sounds like bogus sandwich to me.
I did feel a bit suspicious of what their "source" might have been...
Correction: It's based on the unproven theories of a crazy guy.
...and apparently someone has a piece of equipment that fits the specs they said.
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Me too...

You know, there was an experiment with a naval battle ship that was using huge magnets, but when it was powered up, the ship disappeared for a long time. When it came back, people were half melted into decks, etc...

I read about that....it was in the same book that was also discussing Flying Saucers at Area 51, and reports of MIB....
I saw a show on that on the History Channel. I think it was about conspiracy theories with the government and UFO's Rolling Eyes
I'm always uber-skeptical about all that stuff. Razz
Umm... Yeah, I had that confirmed by someone that had clearance into those files... It is nice having friends looking for that kind of stuff...

My favorite quote:

If you want to hide something from the public, make sure you put it right in front of them, and they will never see it.

Smile
aye, the good old 'hiding in plain sight'. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours