Please help! I could download all the files i wanted on my previous edition ti83, but just got this new calculator, and really need to download all of my formulas, and equations that i have saved in files on my computer. what is the trick to doing this? is there a document reader you have to download, or a coder? Many thanks for any help out there.
Hi John,

Just wondering what software you are using to transfer, and also what kind of cable?

Also do you have any links to the file that you are trying to copy over? Are the just texts or are there some programs in there?
Was trying to us the TI Connect /TI Explorer.
These are just word doc type files, or text files saved in a word document. No programs. USing the cable it came with USB.
Not sure what you mean by links to the file.
Thank you so much for responding to me.
Sadly, you can only send .8xp and other similar extension files to your calculator.

You can copy the information from your text document into SourceCoder or TokenIDE, export as a program and then use TI-Connect to send that program file to your calculator.
Thanks to both of you-- When you copy the information or files into sourceCoder or TOkenIDE does that give the file the .8xp file extension? I follow you.

THanks!!!
It does, but make sure you click the "Export File" button after copying the data. Good Luck!
Also, if you're using a Mac, try using Windows.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours